Information Technology Intern
No Clearance Requirement
Information Technology Intern in Endicott, NY will work in all areas of IT to provide technical assistance to ENSCO staff and participate in the support of the IT infrastructure for a 1 to 2 year term.
Duties will include the following:
- Provide desktop and software end user support to Troubleshoot and resolve device issues.
- Participate in IT project planning and implementation & Support software deployments and upgrades.
- Perform system administration related tasks such as Imaging and deploying windows based workstations and laptops, & configuring devices (i.e. mobile phones, tablets, and printers).
- Assist with developing and maintaining end user, and internal IT documentation by Documenting common support questions and answers.
Qualifications Required (Skills)
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Enrollment in science oriented degree program for Associates or Bachelors Degree
- Able to commit to a 1 to 2 year internship term approximately 20 hours per week
- Familiarity with PC hardware – experience building PCs and/or troubleshooting PCs to card level
- Windows OS – experience installing current Microsoft windows operating system, locating, installing, and upgrading drivers, experience customizing and configuring the OS to suit preferences or requirements
- Linux OS – experience installing current RHEL based operating system, familiarity with bash shell and file system operations
- Applications – experience with common FOSS including browsers, compression utilities, password management, runtimes, media/codecs, and security utilities
- Office – experience with Microsoft Office suite
- Bash scripting
- Powershell scripting
- Atlassian software
- SVN and GIT source code repository
- Tomcat, Apache, IIS services
- MSSQL, MySQL/MariaDB, Oracle databases
- Vmware hypervisors and technologies
- Active Directory and GPO
- Winbind, Kerberos, and Samba
- Cisco networking and firewalling
- Helpdesk support
Internal Position Title
Technical Assistant II
General Education/Years of Experience
min 1-3 yrs related exp
Background Check Type
Drug Screen Type
Export Control and Licensing
Contract Award Contingency
The Information Systems and Technology (IST) Division is responsible for building ENSCO’s critical information infrastructure. Responsibilities of the IST Division include connectivity between business units, automating paper transactions, undertaking other business productivity initiatives and enhancing electronic communications company wide between processes, employees and customers.
Strength in Diversity
ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.
- Flexible Schedules
- Vacation/paid time off
- Professional Development
- Military Leave
- Life Insurance
- Paid sick days
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Program
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Events
- Medical, Dental and Vision