How would you like to make an impact?” Come and join our team where our purpose is serving individuals with disabilities! Are you ready to explore new opportunities?
When you join ServiceSource, you do more than simply switch companies to advance your career. You become a part of the ServiceSource family, a group of talented men and women who drive innovation, embrace change, and celebrate the global community.
The IT Supervisor is responsible to provide effective customer service and achieve customer satisfaction by supporting military Human Resources (HR) services in a professional, courteous, and timely manner for our Military Personnel Support Services Contract with Joint Base Langley-Eustis and Joint Expeditionary Base-Fort Story located in Newport News, Virginia. Is also responsible for managing all military automations and IT-related functions pertaining to contractual requirements and effectively leading and supervising section personnel.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
These duties and responsibilities will be rated on the Annual Performance Review.
- Oversees and provides functional systems administrative support for users of Army standard automated systems, including eMILPO, TOPMIS II, iPERMS, ATRRS, PERNET, HURS, EDAS, DEERS/RAPIDS and the Installation Support Modules (ISMs) such as TRANSPROC III and INPROC/OUTPROC, and the HQDA Citrix Application portal.
- Processes system user access requests, issues passwords, and maintains a copy of all default passwords and login IDs in a secure file.
- Maintains the automation security program for automation hardware systems employed within the MPB, ensuring that users comply with regulatory and local security requirements.
- Monitors the quality of the installation PERSINS Processing Activity (PPA) database and assists supported units in resolving transaction processing errors and data base deviations reported by the HRC eMILPO Branch, Field Services Division (FSD).
- Assists with personnel accounting and strength reporting and support for Personnel Asset Inventories (PAIs). Provides functional systems user training upon request, including one-on-one training at the MPB, telephonic training and inquiry assistance, and on-site unit assistance visits.
- Submits trouble tickets to address system problems to the installation Network Enterprise Center (NEC) and HRC. Prepares System Change Requests (SCRs) using DA Form 5005-R to identify potential areas of improvement that can be addressed through software reengineering.
- Oversees the performance of first-level diagnostics and maintenance on MPD automated systems, refers higher level problems to the appropriate servicing agency, and monitors status of actions until resolved. Performs System Administrator functions.
- Design, review, and update the MPB website and social media accounts (ie Facebook, etc) in accordance with DoD, DA, JBLE and MPB regulatory guidance and policies.
- Manage project execution to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, and scope. Develop or update project plans for information technology projects including information such as project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, schedules, funding, and staffing. Monitor or track project milestones and deliverables. Confer with project personnel to identify and resolve problems.
- Develop and manage work breakdown structure (WBS) of information technology projects. Submit project deliverables, ensuring adherence to quality standards. Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. Direct or coordinate activities of project personnel. Establish and execute a project communication plan. Assign duties, responsibilities, and spans of authority to project personnel within section
Qualifications: Education, Experience and Certification(s)
- Associates degree is required.
- Certification in Security+ and Windows required.
- Must have 1-2 years of experience in personnel automation management services.
- Must be able to pass and obtain a government DOD personnel security clearance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possesses skill-level 2 technical proficiency in managing and sustaining networks and applications that support military HR operations across the installation Must have knowledge and experience with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Law Requirements.
- Must have experience with Human Resources Information Systems HRIS.
- Must have effective time management, organizational skills, administration, attention to detail and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must have effective organizational skills, administration, attention to detail and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of eMILPO, iPERMS, EDAS, ATRRS and/or DEERS desirable. Requires personal computer (PC) knowledge leading to proficiency in various software and/or spreadsheet operations.
- Must be familiar with MS Office (Word, Excel and Access). Must be customer service oriented.
- Must have knowledge of military related abbreviations and acronyms.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
ServiceSource is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. If accommodation is needed in the application process, arrangements can be made with the local regional office http://www.servicesource.org/contact-us.We are an E-Verify Employer and a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment background checks are required for all employment positions.
PAY TRANSPARENCY POLICY STATEMENT:
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information