Information Technology Operations Specialist
Tax Executives Institute (TEI) is seeking a highly motivated, organized and service-oriented Information Technology Operations Specialist. The Information Technology Operations Specialist is responsible for the implementation, support, and maintenance of information systems at TEI as well as providing end user support for the organization’s association management system (netFORUM), VoIP phone system and workstations. This position reports to the Director of Information Technology & Web Services.
1. Setup, configure, maintain and troubleshoot all computer equipment including desktop PC’s, servers, laptops, and printers.
2. Install and upgrade software on servers, laptops, and workstations.
3. Manage the IT Help Desk, provide first line technical support and problem resolution for TEI staff, members, and customers.
4. Monitor and perform routine maintenance of network systems.
5. Maintain and implement Group Policy functions.
6. Maintain user and computer accounts in Active Directory.
7. Create and maintain system documentation and procedures.
8. Help develop and administer security policies and procedures to maintain a secure network environment.
9. Ensure computers are protected and receiving security updates to Windows and endpoint protection software.
10. Train end users in the proper use of computer hardware and software; create instructional documents for staff, as needed or necessary.
11. Support TEI’s netForum AMS implementation; create and run queries in netForum upon request.
12. Maintain a current IT equipment inventory.
13. Maintain and prepare laptops that are ready to be deployed to TEI conferences and events or for teleworking purposes.
14. Provide training and support for staff VPN access.
15. Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in user support services, computer account management and networking, preferably in a non-profit environment
- Experience with:
- Windows desktop and server operating systems
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Office
- TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP
- Network firewalls
- Wireless networking
- VoIP phone systems
- Excellent problem-solving abilitiesGood customer service skills
In addition to the foregoing, the ideal candidate should possess:
- the ability to support non-technical users across multiple departments;
- strong communications skills, both written and verbal;
- experience with Sophos firewalls and Sophos Endpoint software;
- experience with netFORUM Association Management System;
- experience with Cisco network switches and Cisco Wi-Fi access points; and
- basic familiarity with SQL
TEI offers an excellent compensation package based on experience, including fully paid health insurance, paid leave, transit subsidies, paid federal holidays, a 401(k) with employer match, and a comfortable work environment located at the Metro Center/Metro Station area.