Are you looking to make a difference in the federal government? Are you looking for a career, not just a “job”? Are you passionate about doing what’s right? Do you have experience and skills in acquisition, specifically information technology acquisitions? Then we have a position for you.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the planning, oversight and technical assessment of deliverables associated with all stages of Information Technology projects for our Federal Government Client. The successful candidate will provide Project Management support to guide projects toward the timely and successful completion of milestones while facilitating team and stakeholder communication. The candidate will also provide technical guidance to the Federal Government Client and assess the performance of suppliers for the government. To accomplish this, the Project Manager will review project artifacts and provide comments and recommendations as well as attend meetings and provide technical input. S/He will also demonstrate excellent problem solving skills and analytical capabilities.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate project stakeholder meetings and address stakeholder needs
- Apply Project Management skills such as budget monitoring, schedule development, quality management, scope management, stakeholder and communications management
- Work directly with the client Program Manager to plan and successfully implement initiatives
- Apply technical skills to a range of topics that encompass: software development, information systems, data analytics, and deployment support
- Engage client personnel and other contractors to understand specific system and functional requirements to develop user stories
- Ability to understand business objectives and create business need statements
- Ensure system development policies and procedures are followed regarding privacy, security, and software development life cycle artifacts
- Analyze and apply technical expertise and judgment to selection of technical approach, techniques and methodologies based on business and system objectives
- The ability to write in a clear and succinct manner
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5-15 years of professional experience as a Project Manager; or 2-5 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
- Prior consulting experience preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred
- Understanding the full software development life-cycle preferred
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders, project management, and facilitating meetings
- Understanding principles of software testing, development, and/or management
- Strong self-organization and self-management skills, with emphasis on self-initiation and follow through
- All candidates must have strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to solve problems independently, responsible for meeting deadlines
- Ability to work on teams and deal effectively with people
- Experience developing process flow charts with Visio and tracking projects with Microsoft Project
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at noblis.org/about.
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race.