The City of Mission Viejo is seeking an experienced and motivated information technology professional to join our team as our Information Technology Security Manager. This is a “hands-on” working manager position that will be responsible for all aspects of City-wide information security and cybersecurity programs as well as security education, training, and awareness activities.
Currently, there is one (1) full-time vacancy scheduled to work Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in the Information Technology Department assigned to City Hall. The schedule and assignment, which includes late night and weekend work, may vary depending on the needs of the City. This is an FLSA exempt position in the City’s Supervisory/Administrative Group.
- Possession of Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) and Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certificates.
- Strong work experience demonstrating the use of independent judgment, tact, discretion, and conflict resolution skills;
- Versatile team player capable of handling diverse assignments and juggling competing priorities.
- Self-starter continually keeping abreast of current compliance standards and emerging security tools, techniques, and programs.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Manages all aspects of the organization’s security program including network, systems and applications.
- Plans, manages and implements the installation of organization-wide systems and applications; assists departments in planning and managing the installation of new systems and applications for more specialized functions.
- Establishes and enforces standards, procedures, and/or policies in support of industry standard security controls.
- Coordinates, investigates, and reports on cyber security incidents; manages and implements recommendations for incident response and assists in policy development for data threat strategies and security tools.
- Manages, coordinates and reports state of all cybersecurity issues to all organizational levels.
- Performs routine maintenance and collaborates with Information Technology staff and/or vendors to troubleshoot or address technical issues for optimal performance and security measures; aids Information Technology staff during processes design to ensure a secure environment and compliance with applicable law.
- Responsible for development, documentation, and maintenance of information security policies, procedures, and standards for the City; implements adopted information technology plans, policies, and standards, including a sound security policy and security measures.
- Creates and maintains all information system and software security activities within established guidelines and/or regulations.
- Performs routine (daily, weekly, periodic) monitoring of changes in local, state, and federal regulations and accreditation standards related to security; coordinates activities with corresponding agencies to ensure security compliance measures.
- Manages selection and implementation of security related hardware and software solutions; provides security interpretation and/or training, security education, and awareness to users as needed.
- Acts as a liaison with internal user departments by providing analysis, consultation, assistance, and troubleshooting of related security activities; develops reports of findings, alternatives, and recommendations.
- Leads the creation, maintenance and implementation of the information systems disaster recovery and business continuity plans and procedures which includes desktop and server backup systems deployment and maintenance.
- Tests, monitors, and performs regular analysis of the effectiveness of the City's security tools and incident response measures; defines user access levels and protocol for potential data breech.
- Manages and coordinates the work plan for the Department; meets with staff to identify and resolve problems; assigns work activities, projects and programs; monitors work flow; reviews and evaluates work products, methods and procedures.
- Implements training programs and prepares user guides in all information technology disciplines including security.
Applicants are encouraged to review the entire Information Technology Security Manager job description by visiting the City’s website at https://cityofmissionviejo.org .
Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in computer science, Management Information Technology, or a related field, and five (5) years of experience in the development and administration of computer systems, telecommunication systems and local area networks with a minimum of one (1) year in a supervisory role. Possession of Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) and Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certifications are preferred.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE
Must possess and maintain a valid California class C driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record.
Applicants are required to apply on-line directly by visiting the City’s website at https://cityofmissionviejo.org/departments/human-resources/job-opportunities