Great position for someone who has some help desk experience along with experience in I.T. in the manufacturing industry!
Located only 40 minutes from the Elgin and Aurora areas, in beautiful Sycamore, Illinois!
The successful candidate will be responsible for all information technology within the company. This position will work closely with Executive Management, department managers and end-users to ensure IT deliverables and Service Level Agreements are met. Responsibilities encompass the management of all IT projects and efforts as well as coordination with outsourced IT services and vendors.
POSITION EXPECTATIONS AND JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Information Technology Specialist provides business application support and basic project management skills. Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Provide technical support for onsite systems including hardware, software and phones.
- First tier support for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
- Supports a core set of business functions and operations. This includes Financial, Manufacturing, Sales, Procurement and Costing/Quoting.
- Acts as the liaison between the business and outsourced Information Technology Vendors.
- Elicits and translates business requirements into functional specifications for external developers.
- Maintains ERP custom menus and user security.
- Assist users in the development of reports utilizing the inherent tools available within the ERP or ancillary software.
- Works closely with user-base to identify areas of process improvement and leverage opportunities that improve operational excellence.
- Participates on ERP deployments, upgrades, and implementations of added functionality.
- Create documentation and procedure guidelines for ERP system users.
- Understands budgetary planning and implement controls.
- Apply User Acceptance Test (UAT) in getting approval for proposed changes.
- Coordinates system availability and security with the business and outsourced vendors.
- Reviews and evaluates operating condition of all MIS equipment.
- Proficient in a Windows Server and active directory environment.
- Good oral and written skills.
- Software validation.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong motivational and initiative skills. Ability to work independently and with minimal direction.
- Analyze and refine business, functional and technical requirements.
- Ability to understand project purpose and proper requirements while focusing on the analytical process appropriately.
- Ability to use MS project and Power Point to understand, analyze, and prepare solution presentations.
- Identify stakeholders and analyze the business impact of IT related projects.
- Ability to be pro-active and identify potential problem situations, and propose changes to systems or processes.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience that are satisfactory for this position include the following:
- Associate degree from an accredited two-year college, vocational, or technical school plus two years of experience in a MIS applications job.
- Five years of successful employment in an MIS applications job with success demonstrated by promotions or results achieved.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Prefer experience in Crystal Reports.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience in an automotive supplier environment a plus.
- Prefer experience with Global Shop and EDI.
- Highly customer focused.