JOB TYPE: Embedded Software Engineer - Contract
LOCATION: Dearborn, MI
JOB SUMMARY FOR Infotainment Engineer:
- Responsible for architecture strategy development for Vehicle Global Service Delivery Network, Embedded Modem integration and mobile app integration working with multiple stake holders.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR Infotainment Engineer:
- Responsible for developing complex technical specifications at system level and sub-system level.
- Works with cross functional groups to develop interoperability interfaces across sub systems and translate them into sub system level requirements for building state-of-the-art connected vehicle systems architecture.
- Provide guidance and inputs for feature design verification plans working with requirements engineering teams and feature owners.
- Responsible for managing technical requirements to multiple sub systems and provide guidance on system design and technologies.
- Take leadership role working closely with Device manufacturers and Mobile Network Operators to ensure solutions meet Ford requirements.
- Review Wireless Network operator solution rollout schedule, meeting milestones and program timing.
- Implement Engineering Design Change Proposals
- Supports Issue Resolution as needed
- Create solutions to wireless connectivity, reliability and performance issues found within the development process.
- Build and maintain relationships across the cellular network & mobile device
- Work closely with the Validation team to address issues found, review root cause analysis and proposed fixes, and ensure Test Procedures cover current design
- Maintain a product DFMEA (Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis)
- Manage project timeline to achieve project milestones
- Responsible for DVP&R (Design Verification Process and Report) to validate product according to customer requirements
JOB EXPERIENCE FOR Infotainment Engineer:
- Strong knowledge of 802.11ac and proceeding protocols
- Strong knowledge of embedded telematics device communication, integration with wireless carrier network is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of enterprise IT systems and their interoperability mechanisms
- Knowledge of vehicle to cloud connectivity or knowledge of Internet of Things is preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to navigate through working teams across multiple departments.
- Ability to work with large cross functional teams under aggressive timelines and sporadic heavy workloads.
- Ability to prioritize tasks on hand by evaluating long term implications.
- Knowledge and experience with systems architecture and engineering fundamentals and interoperability standards and emerging trends.
- Experience analyzing system failure points, evaluating pros and cons of solution proposals including conducting FMEAs
- Strong customer focus and excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong knowledge of mobile network operator architecture
SKILL REQUIREMENTS FOR Infotainment Engineer:
- Large enterprise systems, application development partners and network environments.
- Message Oriented Middleware, Message Queues, Service Discovery and Service Orchestration
- Webservice Design, Enterprise Service Bus, Enterprise Integration Patterns
- Broad knowledge of SOA products and offerings.
- SOA design principles and Enterprise Architecture fundamentals.
- Knowledge of in-vehicle infotainment systems
- 3 or more years of large enterprise solutions architecture, solution design and/or product development experience.
- Experience in Telematics application solution design, embedded modem integration, integration with wireless carrier networks.
- Experience working with telematics communication protocols and knowledge of Internet of Things protocols is highly preferred.
BENEFITS FOR Infotainment Engineer:
- Medical, Dental, Vacation, Holiday tailored to meet your needs. 401K/Match, $15,000 Life Insurance, Award-Winning Employee Care Program. Established and highly regarded reputation with Green Card and H1 processing.
Why should you choose Epitec?
We started Epitec with a single focus, Placing People First. Knowing every good endeavor begins with listening and understanding, we’ve set about challenging every part of the employment process. Bringing the proper connections together for the perfect fit.
How is Epitec different?
Epitec gets to know our prospective employees, using these insights to locate the perfect placement for you. We are there, every step of the way. Providing a best-in-class compensation package combined with the opportunity to grow financially and personally through your work.
What is the result?
Epitec represents the world’s top companies and works to fill their open jobs with the world’s best talent. That’s led to Epitec servicing an impressive list of Fortune 100 companies. We’ve also won many awards, including twelve 101 Best & Brightest awards, four MMSDC A.C.E. Awards, multiple Crain’s awards and multiple Corp! magazine diversity awards. And that’s just the beginning, as we work to innovate the way the world thinks about employment.