Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an Infrastructure Accounting Manager who can move fast and learn quickly to help establish new processes and scale existing processes for our Global Infrastructure portfolio. You should be able to work well with cross functional teams, provide technical accounting and process guidance for decision making, as well as assist with the management and ownership of the end-to-end operational processes for the subject areas. The successful candidate will be a highly driven, focused individual that can work well with internal and external partners at all levels.
1. Assess the accounting impact of complex and or new transactions relating to Facebook's Infrastructure and/or facilities. Research accounting implications (in collaboration with Facebook’s Technical Accounting team) from changes in the subject areas, stay up-to-date on changes in industry trends and use the information to inform internal decisions.
2. Partner with the broader Infrastructure Accounting teams to operationalize the accounting relating to complex transactions as well as assist in designing relevant controls.
3. Review and prepare accounting memos and update accounting policies in the subject areas.
4. Assist with the implementation of automation solutions in the subject areas including helping create a system road map that will allow the teams to scale our work.
5. Develop and maintain strong relationships with Infrastructure Business Partners in order to understand the broader business objectives, develop processes jointly and provide accounting guidance and best practice recommendations to enable process changes.
6. Monitor the compliance of capitalized assets with approved capitalization policies. Have a vision for updating policies and making sure updates are keeping up with technological and operational changes.
7. Coordinate with external and internal auditors to ensure timely completion of audit requests, and aid in the research and analysis of audit issues raised.
8. Lead special projects and other duties as assigned.
9. Work closely with financial planning and international finance teams to ensure compliance with the U.S. GAAP, IFRS and internal policies through effective communications and globally coordinated execution. Also, able to translate/apply GAAP/international policies to operationalize complex accounting issues, including assessing the design and/or effectiveness of internal controls.
10. Stay up-to-date with relevant accounting standards, and updates including ASC842 and IFRS16 and assess operational implications for any relevant changes.
11. BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
12. 10+ years of financial statements auditing, financial accounting or similar experience
13. Analytical experience, including experience in Excel
14. Experience working with business partners and engineers to effect changes
15. Experience in optimizing or re-designing existing processes resulting from business needs
16. Big 4 audit experience
18. Experience with Oracle Financials
19. Infrastructure Accounting experience in data center, fiber optic network, server life cycle or connectivity efforts
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.