RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of an Infrastructure Engineer in Columbus, Ohio (OH). The candidate will develop and improve processes to support carrier class networks. They should have the ability to consultatively articulate complex technical findings to more experienced management in clear, concise, understandable terms.
Can you picture yourself working for one of -America's Ideal Employers-? Our client has received numerous awards and accolades due in part to their commitment to diversity, veterans, and fostering innovation. They've been named one of Fortune Magazine's -World's Most Admired Companies- of 2018 and are included in the -Top 50 Most Innovative Companies- named by Boston Consulting Group. With on-site training and mentoring, they are committed to your professional development as well.
- 5 - 10 years of experience with Optical Equipment/Telecommunications
- Extensive telecommunications experience specializing in layer 1 transport and above
- Intermediate level knowledge and experience with DWDM and SONET systems design and operations
- Understanding of fiber optics types and characteristics
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to create detailed engineering design documentation
- Customer focused
- Ability to function as a team member, but have a proven track record as a self-starter
- High technical knowledge, but possess the ability to communicate in business terms
Proficient knowledge and understanding in the following key areas:
- Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations)
- Hardware Benchmarking (Agile, program managements, network management)
- Design (compliance, security)
- Network Engineering (planning, provision)
- Proficient in more than one specific infrastructure technology
- Executes against understanding of best practices and company policies
- A strong ability to manage project risk is essential
- A plus to have TCP/IP, Cisco Router experience, ONS15454, CCNA, CCDP, CCNP
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.