- 3 years of experience in building large-scale web application infrastructure
- Working knowledge of standard AWS technologies for orchestration and automation
- Experience with CI/CD solutions (e.g., Jenkins, Travis, etc.)
- Experience with containerization (e.g., Docker, K8S, etc.)
- Competency in Python or similar languages
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle and Agile methodology
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch and Kibana basic concepts and querying
The Infrastructure Engineer develops, supports and expands the foundation of multiple products at Rocket Homes. This team member utilizes the best of infrastructure as code practices to architect and automate our products to improve the client experience and help our business grow rapidly.
- Consult on all aspects of AWS cloud infrastructure offerings
- Integrate with corporate data centers and/or third-party infrastructure such as VPN, Direct Connect, firewalls, etc.
- Manage shared cloud infrastructure services such as AWS organizations and accounts, VPC, IPAM, security groups, NACLS, routing, active directory, Federation, DNS and others
- Engineer and make continuous improvement of stacks, templates, images and other artifacts to standardize consumption of shared cloud services and delivery of application-specific infrastructure: instance types, machine images, container images, networks, storage, application runtimes, integration middleware, relational databases, NoSQL and BI environments
- Engineer, manage and support cloud infrastructure products and stacks
- Partner with existing enterprise IT organizations to integrate cloud infrastructure/network environment with corporate infrastructure/data center environment
- Perform hands-on technical coaching to accelerate cloud infrastructure learnings across the organization
- Pair with engineering teams to design and implement codified stacks that meet the needs of their applications
- Operate and support cloud team products and legacy applications not operating in a full-stack operating model
- Drive infrastructure as code and configuration management communities of practice across the organization
- Utilize enterprise tools to manage, monitor and secure large enterprise data center environments
- Troubleshoot problems and quickly resolve issues
Who We Are
Rocket Homes Real Estate LLC is a Detroit-based, tech-driven company with a passion for simplifying real estate. Our mission is to create a seamless home buying and selling experience by combining the process of searching for homes, connecting with a trusted real estate agent and getting a mortgage. Since 2006, we’ve partnered with our sister company, Rocket Mortgage® by Quicken Loans, and our nationwide network of top-rated real estate agents to help over 500,000 clients with their real estate needs.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.