VT Group is seeking an Infrastructure Lead for the National Capital Region.
- Lead teams to install, appropriately secure, and dress-in all cabling and user desktop IT equipment
- Lead the integration, installation and testing of Audio/Video/Video Teleconferencing Systems
- Oversee the de-installation, relocation and/or installation of systems
- Support IT cable plant and equipment installation
- Pull, terminate and test CAT 5, CAT 6 and Fiber
Education and/or Experience:
- Education/Experience: Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI)/Basic Installers Course (BIC) Certified or equivalent.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years’ of experience in communication infrastructure installation. Fiber Termination (i.e. Corning connectors, Comscope, etc.); Testing/ Knowledge of Fluke Test Equipment or equivalent; Basic Troubleshooting.
- Clearance: TS/SCI
- Experience installing Audio/Video/Video Teleconferencing Systems and desktops preferred
- Experience with CAT 5&6 cabling and Fiber
- Previous experience interpreting and complying with installation drawings and blueprints
- Must possess the physical ability to climb ladders and work in confined spaces.
- Must be skilled with and have prior experience using common installation power and hand tools including hand-held saws, drills (including hammer drills), hole punches, levels, crimpers, fusion splicers, and conduit benders.
- Demonstrate a consistent record of good workmanship and compliance to standards.
- Personnel shall demonstrate advanced speed and accuracy when performing tasks such as attaching fiber optic connectors, RJ-45 connectors, and DB type connectors.
- Demonstrate above average speed and skill when performing tasks such as dressing cable installations so that the finished product presents a well organized and professional appearance.
VT Group offers eligible employees a variety of comprehensive benefits programs, which may include:
- Medical insurance through a nationwide network
- Dental insurance for preventive, basic and major services
- Vision insurance that covers a wide range of services (subject to a specific co-pay or co-insurance amount)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for eligible health care and dependent care expenses
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Legal Services
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off