SUMMARY: The Infrastructure Manager is tasked with managing and implementing all aspects of our network and server environment, individually and through the work of others. This includes all network devices, servers, cloud subscriptions, PC’s, network appliances, printers and mobile devices.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
- Provide leadership, performance management, coaching, development and planning activities to ensure that IT Infrastructure and Help Desk team members are able to deliver the infrastructure, operations, and help desk services required by the organization.
- Engineer and build enterprise class infrastructure in conjunction with the team to ensure the highest level of performance and resiliency of the Womack system.
- Work with the IT Director to lead IT operations activities for the department and solve the most challenging issues.
- Maintain the issue management system
- Work with the IT Director to create operational metrics for the department.
- Ensure realistic cost, time and resource estimates for all infrastructure tasks and projects; track projects and tasks with these criteria, taking corrective action as necessary
- Work with the IT Director to perform risk assessment and develop risk mitigation and contingencies for infrastructure and disaster recovery plans.
- Help maintain and review IT support contracts, application licensing and security certificates.
- Provide some support for CAPEX and OPEX budget oversight and planning for IT infrastructure.
- Procure hardware and software as needed and as budgeted.
- Lead one or more project teams.
- Maintain and oversee infrastructure systems changes.
- Perform root cause analyses for outages and implement preventive measures to prevent outages.
- Other duties may be required
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, skills and/or abilities required. An individual must meet the minimum requirements as listed in each Qualifications subsection.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or other related field; if degree not present; six years of relevant work experience
- At least 10 years of managing infrastructure
- Proven experience managing full systems implementations and support organizations
- Demonstrated success partnering with internal business stakeholders to meet business requirements with infrastructure-based solutions
- Familiarity with project documents such as project plans, requirements specs, test plans and implementation plans
- Understanding of ITSM standards
- Knowledge of Windows Server Operating Systems (all recent versions)
- Deep knowledge of Citrix and VM technology
- Deep Knowledge of Active Directory
- Knowledge of SAN and other storage technology
- Knowledge and working experience with Microsoft Office 365 service offerings and other cloud-based business services and platforms such as Azure
- Knowledge of enterprise network gear such as routers, switches, firewalls, proxies
- Deep knowledge of Windows Domains, DNS, DHCP, VPN technology
- Expertise within the Microsoft tech stack at all levels
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills; the ability to clearly and effectively document ideas in order to transfer knowledge
- Capable of handling multiple concurrent projects along with their shifting scheduled and changing priorities
- Ability to manage multiple assigned tasks and accurately prioritize work efforts
- Desire to learn quickly, stay current, and find new technology when applicable
- Recognize and avoid technology fads
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work is sedentary. Typically the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some movement from area to area, transporting of items such as a laptop computer, printers, servers, paper, books, and small parts; driving an automobile, etc.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the primary duties of the job, the employee is regularly exposed to general office environment. Overnight travel may be required on occasion; work outside normal business hours is required on a regular basis.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and is not an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with it.
Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Womack Machine Supply is committed to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
IT Project Manager