Job Description Summary:
Utilizes senior level project management skills in a lead/mentor role on the project Management team, and is a functional liaison between Information Technology and client divisions and departments. Responsible for the overall planning, management and completion of one or multiple IT projects on a wide variety of business units and programs. Manages the life cycle of projects related to the development and implementation of new or improved systems, services, and processes. Responsible for delivering technology solutions by managing teams adhering to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as well as Agile and Scrum rapid application teams.
- Responsible for project planning, definition, estimation, scheduling, monitoring, risk management, escalation, reporting, closure, and customer satisfaction to ensure delivery within the three prescribed bounds of project management - time, cost, and scope.
- Develops detailed technology project plans and phase definitions in collaboration with Information Technology teams, to include: requirements, analysis, design, development, software quality assurance, testing, and implementation timelines.
- Assesses variances from the project plans; gathers metrics, and develops and implements changes as necessary to ensure that the project remains within specified scope and is within time, cost, and quality objectives.)
- Provides work direction and leadership to assigned projects, including scheduling, assignment of work, and review of project efforts.
- Manages an executive steering committee and project governance structure for status reporting, decision making and issue resolution. Serves as central point of contact for all project issues and escalations.
- Leads and managing projects using traditional waterfall development teams as well as projects consisting of Agile teams.
- Provides guidance and leadership in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit IT projects with the appropriate level of planning and balance of agility and predictability.
- Performs related duties and fulfils responsibilities as required.
- Must have at least 10 years project management experience
- Must have a working knowledge of MS project, MS Visio and MS Office applications
- Must have exceptional written and verbal interpersonal communication, negotiation, and presentation skills; skilled in meeting and discussion facilitation; experience preparing and giving Executive level presentations
- Must have strong leadership and motivational skills and the ability to work with varying levels of technical and business project teams
- Must be able to apply analytical / quantitative approach to problem solving; knows how to obtain and use data; comfortable with statistical concepts
- Experience with change management, risk management
- Exposure to strategic planning in the organization and at the department level
- Must have experience working with information technology and/or application development experience.
- Solid understanding both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects a plus.
- Must have a strong knowledge of financial project management; experience with facility relocations a plus
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178