Are you the kind of person that is always thinking, sketching, seeking, and adjusting? Who needs to understand how things work and then figure out how they can work better? Are you a passionate, tenacious, solver who loves to work with others who share your drive? Are you positive, constructive, and ingenious?
Are you always solving?
Then we’d like to meet you and bet you’d like to meet us.
Ashland LLC, a $3.4BN global specialty chemical company has an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Infrastructure Services to join our global IT team at our Wilmington, DE or Dublin, OH site. The successful candidate will provide leadership for the team responsible for advancing and operating the networks and application hosting technologies used globally by Ashland. The position requires a commitment to operational integrity paired with a drive to adopt new technologies and services. It is a highly visible position requiring interactions across IT and the Ashland resource groups. The position will report to the Director, Applications and Technology Delivery and be a member of the leadership team.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide leadership to and direct activities of the global applications hosting and network teams
- Ensure operational integrity of global networks (voice/data) and application hosting services (physical, virtual and cloud)
- Provide reliable and cost-effective networking and hosting “as a service” to internal IT and internal business customers
- Ownership of relationship, service management and governance of primary infrastructure MSP and other major infrastructure service providers
- Innovative and flexible application hosting architecture & roadmaps
- Voice, data and Internet strategy and execution
- Financial management (OpEx/CapEx) and spend optimization of managed infrastructure services including hosting, networking and managed service providers
- Implementation and execution of critical IT processes including major incident management, problem management and root cause analysis
- Lead the development and on-going updating of disaster recovery and business continuity planning in a hybrid technology environment
- Primarily travel to US corporate locations; Limited travel to overseas locations
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or equivalent
- 10 years enterprise IT Infrastructure experience
- 5+ years managing technical staff; multiple teams
- Strong background in multiple disciplines including networking, virtualization and systems operations
- Direct management responsibility for services (network, hosting, financial) delivered via 3rd party / MSP including strategy, performance and customer satisfaction
- Implementation and management of cloud hosting services (IaaS/PaaS) for enterprise level applications
- Prior contract negotiation & financial management responsibilities
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
- SAP hosting experience
- Telecom Expense Management
- ITIL Certification
In more than 100 countries, the people of Ashland LLC. (NYSE: ASH) provide the specialty chemicals, technologies and insights to help customers create new and improved products for today and sustainable solutions for tomorrow. Our chemistry is at work every day in a wide variety of markets and applications, including architectural coatings, automotive, construction, energy, personal care and pharmaceutical. Visit www.ashland.com to see the innovations we offer.
At Ashland our vision is to be a leading, global specialty chemicals company whose inspired and engaged employees add value to all we touch. In fact our people, employees, customers and vendors define who we are. They are the driving force behind everything we do.
Not only do we value our customers but we value our employees, and we work to offer them a dynamic and challenging environment. We hold ourselves to high standards at Ashland, and we value integrity and honesty.
Ashland has a history of attracting the best people and keeping them. The reasons are simple: industry competitive salary and benefits, pay-for-performance incentive plans and a diverse work environment where employees feel challenged and valued. People come to Ashland and stay. As a growing Fortune 500 specialty chemicals company, we offer opportunities for development and advancement throughout our global organization. Our values define who we are and what we care about as a company. If you are looking for a relationship with a company instead of simply a job, this may be a great fit.
Ashland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. NOTE: We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have a signed recruiting agreement in place to fill a specific position.