Designs, plans, installs, configures, and troubleshoots network, servers, system software, phones, two-way radios, and associated assemblies including equipment for the field SCADA infrastructure.
ADVANCEMENT IN PROGRESSION
Advancement to a higher level is based on value added to the Company through increased duties, responsibilities, and accomplishments. Advancement is not automatic, i.e. based solely on time in the job, but will be based on the employee’s performance, accomplishments, qualifications, and the business and/or technical needs of the department.
Performs duties in a supporting role to Senior and Lead levels
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Supports analysis of infrastructure needs and contributes to design, integration, and installation of present and future technology including communication with vendors regarding available products, enhancements and services
· Supports test and evaluation of hardware/software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing systems
· Monitors and maintains infrastructure stability while supporting root cause analysis related to malfunctioning or inoperative hardware/software and routine maintenance including scheduled maintenance and backups
· Supports analysis, planning, design, and execution of infrastructure projects including maintenance and creation of documentation related to all components
· Supports installation of hardware/software by third parties
· Ensure the reliability, integrity and usability of SCADA field, two-way radios and telecommunications equipment as directed
· Provides support and training to users relevant to all installed or future infrastructure
· Supports development of an emergency plan to deal with a catastrophic event and ensures plan is updated to meet current business needs
· Supports setup, configuration, moves, etc. to support new hires and movement of personnel and offices
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications
Required: High School Diploma
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree
Required: Must at all times possess a valid driver's license and meet the acceptable driving record requirements of the Company.
Ability to obtain Tower Climbing Certification within six months.
Ability to obtain Advanced CPR (remote) certification within six months.
Preferred: Cisco certifications preferred
Required: Minimum of 1 year of work experience in information technology or operations is required.
Preferred: Utility information technology and/or Cisco experience. Three to five years of SCADA experience. Basic DC/AC.
Required: General knowledge of data communications, radio frequency, and telecommunications principals and interfaces. Developed knowledge of latest Windows operating system specifications and operation. Developed knowledge of transmission control protocol and internet protocol (TCP/IP), simple network management protocol (SNMP) for management of network devices, and open systems interconnection reference model (OSI) with emphasis on the bottom three layers. Developed knowledge of LAN topologies such as switching, fast Ethernet, and virtual LAN. Ability to use network monitoring tools to gather network statistics and interpret into meaningful information. Ability to identify and evaluate infrastructure needs to justify and recommend solutions. Ability to support all phases of project management, including site planning, installation, migration, and implementation.
JOB RELATED DIMENSIONS:
· Business & Job Knowledge
· Work Safely
· Ownership & Excellence
· Produce Results
· Ability to Learn
· Customer Service Orientation
· Planning and Organization
· CORE Dimensions