Infrastructure Technician - SF
Our Technician-Infrastructure will perform skilled infrastructure/structured cabling work in the installation, service and maintenance, repair and alteration of low voltage category cabling, fiber optic cabling, communications cabling and other various low voltage cabling systems. Complete physical installations and removal of structured cabling components, cabinets, pathway systems (cable tray), move equipment, racks, and related communications infrastructure materials.
Standard Business hours; full time; OT as needed
Sporadically need to be comfortable with 4-5 hours travel and being away from home for a up to 1 week.
Candidates should reside in or around San Francisco, CA
Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and have a valid Driver's License. Must also have reliable transportation.
- Perform installation and service of low voltage category cabling, fiber optic cabling, communications cabling, communication equipment and other various low voltage related systems such as Category 3, Category 5, Enhanced Category 5, Category 6 and Fiber Optic Structured Cable Distribution Systems.
- Evaluate, diagnose, troubleshoot cabling infrastructure systems and perform repairs as necessary.
- Perform upgrades and additions to cabling infrastructure systems in order to increase functionality and usability.
- Coordinate with other Team Members within North American Commercial Services (NACS) Operations for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently.
- Inform operations management regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing necessary information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with OSHA regulations.
- Complete required documentation in a variety of written and electronic formats according to company standards such as time reporting for billing & payroll, work order progress & completion, time and materials for client SLAs, etc.
- Request equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of required items, as required.
- Respond to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate client concerns and meet SLAs.
- Transport a variety of items (e.g. tools, equipment, supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at client site.
- Attend meetings, workshops, training, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Achieve performance targets established by leadership for applicable Key Performance Indicators.
- Perform other duties as assigned