Open Until Filled
The Wyoming Department of Agriculture, Technical Services Division, is searching for a Senior Inspection Specialist, in Gillette, WY. This position is the lead for sampling and inspecting feed, fertilizers, seed, apiary and nursery stock, as well as analyzing feed / fertilizer labels, for the Plant Industry program in the state.
The successful applicant will be required to travel state-wide to complete the requirements of the trainer; providing training for eight Plant Industry personnel and any new hires in the area of sampling compliance and analysis including feed, seed and fertilizers; compiles enforcement or regulatory documentation when necessary for the statewide Plant Industry program.
The applicant will also complete the duties of apiary inspection, including import and export, and other Plant Industry and Weights and Measures inspections in the Powder River Basin and surrounding areas as assigned.
Human Resource Contact: (307) 777-7003 Debra.email@example.com
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Assists with developing, implementing, and enforcing division policies and coordinating the efforts of field operations.
- Assists state and federal regulatory personnel with investigations, report compilation and program field work.
- Performs inspections and enforces compliance.
- Investigates complaints and recommends solutions for problems.
- Maintains records and equipment.
- Examines, evaluates and investigates eligibility for or conformity with laws and rules.
- Provides training and guidance to personnel in the areas of feed, fertilizer and seed, apiary and nursery stock inspections.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Gillette, Wyoming
Agency: 010-Technical Services