HealthFitness has a great opportunity for a full-time temporary (30 hours/wk for up to 6 months) Fitness Professional - Injury Prevention at our client site located in Marysville, OH. In this position, you will be responsible for supporting the creation and implementation of programs focused on the prevention of work injuries, physical conditioning, and employee education and wellness that facilitate behavior change, maximizing engagement and outcomes, and customer satisfaction. Shifts will be 6:00am-2:30pm or 2:00pm-10:30pm.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts employee injury prevention programs, education and training.
- Develops exercise programs specific to injury prevention and conditioning needs.
- Collects and document appropriate program data to support the ROI process.
- Develop, promote and market wellness and general education programs.
- Supports employee healthcare teams with job function assessment, incident investigation and care management.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, Athletic Training, or Exercise Science or other related field.
- CPR and AED certifications from American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
- Understanding of Biomechanics.
- Understanding of Occupational Safety.
- Certified Athletic Trainer certification or Personal Training certification from ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NASM or NSCA.
- Work experience in a clinical environment (occupational therapy, physical therapy, cardiac rehab, nursing).
- 2-3 years experience in corporate based health and fitness program.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Proficient in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.