The Innovation Analyst will support the Innovation & Ventures team with all aspects of promoting and accelerating innovation at The Hartford. This encompasses: sourcing and tracking companies, monitoring the competitive landscape, driving business unit engagement; and pilot management. The role is highly visible, in that we work with all product lines, functional areas, and dedicated Innovation teams. We analyze and share industry trends and emerging insurtech companies/technologies with the broader organization. The role will offer exceptional professional growth, as well as exposure to issues and leaders at an enterprise level that will enhance career development. This role will sit in Hartford, CT and part of the Innovation & Ventures group.
- Support enterprise business and innovation strategy; influence key stakeholders to explore new opportunities and technologies where relevant
- Oversee the tracking of insurtech companies and engagement by The Hartford.
Help manage innovation projects/experiments throughout the organization; monitor business unit pilots, success metrics, and overall engagement/progress around innovation
Interface with multiple business unit leads to understand their strategic direction and pain points. Share relevant, innovative solutions with internal teams in order to accelerate innovative initiatives at The Hartford.
- Produce and deliver presentations that highlight innovation activities and pilot progress.
Research industry trends and competitive landscape. Track competitors’ activities with respect to partnerships and investments.
Participate in due diligence on potential partnership and investment opportunities
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in strategy, marketing, research, consulting, competitive intelligence, and/or data and analytics.
- Ability to successfully work across all levels of the organization.
- Good problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently in a small, but highly agile team.
- Expert in PowerPoint, Excel and other tools.
- Financial modeling skills are a plus.
- Big Picture, Forward Thinker: Sees beyond the immediate, looks ahead to see new opportunities and impediments to progress. Drives innovation – is not hindered by “the way we’ve always done things.” Seeks new experiences.
- Team Player: Drives an enterprise focus, balances individual needs with organizational priorities, and holds themselves and others accountable for working seamlessly across the lines of business and functions to maximize the return for the organization.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail, and excellent project management skills to manage multiple opportunities concurrently and deliver results.
Job BD-Business Development
Primary Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Job Level:Individual Contributor
Education Level:Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Shift Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Overtime Status: Exempt
Job Posting:Jan 14, 2019, 11:56:28 AM
Remote Worker Option:No