Momentus is providing in-space transportation services by building spacecraft that carry satellites and hosted payloads between orbits in space. Our spacecraft are propelled by a new type of electric propulsion system (microwave electrothermal) which uses water as a propellant. Momentus is the first to demonstrate this type of thruster in space.
We are seeking a creative, hard-working, and very intelligent Innovation and IP Strategist to assist in defining and implementing our IP strategy. An ideal candidate may have demonstrated success in science/technology with a strong track record of professional journal and conference publications and have significant experience in drafting or prosecuting patents. They may currently be a patent agent and interested in taking on strategy responsibilities.
· Work closely with research and technical staff to document and identify new discoveries and inventions and formulate how they can best be protected
· Formulate Momentus’ IP strategy that supports the company’s technical roadmap
· Understand emerging and existing technology relevant to the company’s technical roadmap and identify potential IP opportunities
· Work closely with legal counsel in the preparation, submission, and prosecution of patent applications
· Formulate strategies to organize and manage Momentus’ IP portfolio
· Assist the technical team in the preparation of conference and professional journal publications
Desired Skills and Experience:
· A degree in aerospace, physics, or other engineering discipline
· Truly outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Must have a passion for communicating ideas clearly and precisely
· Strong programming and data analysis/presentation abilities. Proficiency with python possibly latex a plus
· A good understanding of the patent process and requirements
Salary and option compensation is commensurate with experience and training. This is a full-time position in Santa Clara, California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required.