Cigna Medical Group (CMG) Innovation Hub is designed to ideate, develop, test, and scale innovations across Cigna’s lines of business (Medicare Advantage, Employer, Individual & Family Plans, etc) in collaboration with our integrated multi-specialty medical group in Phoenix, Arizona. The Innovation Hub provides Cigna with a natural testing ground for innovations big and small, with the aim of improving affordability, personalization and improving whole person health.
In this role, you will manage and support the development and maturation of the Cigna Medical Group Innovation Hub. You will be responsible for overall program management, collaborating with innovation teams across Cigna, and developing a holistic approach to managing innovation within the Innovation Hub. You will support the management of our innovation agenda in collaboration with key stakeholders, and ensure the innovation agenda aligns with Cigna’s strategic priorities.
Specific responsibilities of this role include:
Program Governance & Communications
- Develop and manage the innovation program governance process, including holistic project plan with key milestones, in collaboration with the broader innovation program team
- Manage the monthly Innovation Leads meeting, including the development of reporting templates, maintaining key discussion items, minutes and follow-up items
- Support leadership updates as needed with status updates, including risks, mitigations and areas of opportunity
- Develop internal and external communications in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Develop a holistic intake & innovation management process that includes: communication, prioritization, and governance process that can work with the Innovation COE, ESI Innovation team, CMG Transformation Office, and other key stakeholders to the innovation process
- Manage the innovation backlog, including communication with submission owners, and work closely with the innovation finance team to identify capacity to begin to tackle the backlog
- Support CIO with development of a culture of innovation for CMG, including but not limited to, creation of an innovation hub center, identify opportunities to infuse innovation into the organization, sharing best practices.
Other Key Initiatives & Activities
- Support connections with key internal stakeholders, including CMG Transformation Office, AZ market leadership, GBS leaders, Commercial Solutions teams, and others as identified
- Develop materials for and support key CIO meetings and presentations
- Assist in other projects, initiatives, and events as needed
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Three years or more years of innovation management, project management, program management, strategic planning or equivalent, using tools and frameworks to execute
- Ability to quickly build relationships and influence across the organization.
- Strong communication & information sharing skills (oral and written), including proven experience working with senior leaders, facilitating discussions, and speaking with courage.
- Action-oriented. Able to work independently.
- Master’s Degree Preferred
- Experience with design thinking and/or agile frameworks
- Microsoft Office skills, specifically MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Healthcare experience; provider or health plan experience preferred
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.