CFG has a full-time Medical Director opportunity for a Psychiatrist in Newark, NJ. This position would be covering an adult inpatient unit. We are offering a competitive salary, sign-on bonus, benefits package, PTO, paid holidays, 401k, paid malpractice, DEA, and licensure fees, and a variety of perks such as discounted gym memberships, weight loss programs, discounts on cell phone plans, computers, amusement parks, theatre tickets, and more.
- Manages and leads the psychiatric operations of the CFG client site.
- Works along with CFG and the client to establish and enforce sound clinical policies, procedures and practices as they pertain to patient care.
- Clinically collaborates with Advanced Practice Nurses at the Facility.
- Works with Medical Affairs in with credentialing and scheduling of psychiatrists and APNs to ensure that the department is adequately staffed.
- Assists in the recruitment and selection of new clinicians.
- Provision of full range of psychiatric services to assigned patients. Services provided include direct care of patients in the clinical setting including: assessment, screening, diagnosis, and treatment of patients and determining the degree of disabilities in patients. Psychiatrist will prescribe medication to patients as deemed necessary and will conduct medication management. All services to be documented in the patient’s electronic medical record.
- Analyze and evaluate patient data and test findings to diagnose nature and extent of mental disorder
- Prescribe, direct, and administer psychotherapeutic treatments or medications to treat mental, emotional, or behavioral disorders.
- Collaborate with physicians, psychologists, social workers, psychiatric nurses, or other professionals to discuss treatment plans and progress.
- Gather and maintain patient information and records, including social and medical history obtained from patients, relatives, and other professionals.
- Examine or conduct laboratory or diagnostic tests on patient to provide information on general physical condition and mental disorder
- Participates in treatment team activities to include the development and periodic review of patient treatment plans and will take necessary steps when a patient refuses treatment.
- Complies with employee standards of the CFG Health Network and applicable employee standards of the facility. Compliance includes, but is not limited to, the maintenance of a working environment and personal conduct consistent with professional responsibilities, the development of harmonious working relationships and timely notification of supervisory personnel absences form institution.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be licensed as a psychiatrist in the state in which he/she will practice or able to obtain license
- Must be board certified within five (5) years of completing residency and must maintain certification.
- Experience in providing services in inpatient/outpatient environment.
- Must possess good interpersonal communication and leadership skills.
- Must be able to interact with institutional staff, medical staff and the agencies of the court.
- Must complete a satisfactory background investigation