Northeast Georgia Health System is seeking to add an exceptional Psychiatrist to their growing team! Psychiatrists interested in inpatient practice with a passion for excellence in patient care and equally competent clinical skills should apply.
Education, Training, & Experience
- MD or DO
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Psychiatry
- Ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Georgia
- Functions well in a team environment, contributing to and supporting organizational goals and initiatives.
- Desire to be part of a growing and high-volume psychiatry practice.
Behavioral Sciences Program Overview
Located on the main campus of Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC), Laurelwood (54 beds) provides a broad range of services for adolescents and adults experiencing mental health or substance abuse problems. Laurelwood offers a variety of treatment options including: detoxification, inpatient treatment, day partial treatment, intensive outpatient treatment and aftercare support.
- Full-time hospital-based position
- 7 on-7 off.
- Coverage for bedded patients at Laurelwood.
- Coverage includes admissions, H&Ps, daily rounding and discharge.
- Substance Abuse and General Psychiatry
- Short Term - Average patient stay is 4-5 days
- EMR Platform - EPIC
Benefits of Working at Northeast Georgia Health System
- Excellent Compensation and Benefits package
- Sign-on Bonus & Relocation Available
- Malpractice Coverage Provided
- NGHS is a Teaching Hospital with a growing GME program
- Americas 50 Best Hospitals - Healthgrades
- Recognized in recent years as Georgias #1 Hospital for overall hospital care, overall surgical care, heart care, orthopedic surgery, womens care and more
- Thriving economy, low cost of living, and Award-Winning Schools
- Endless Outdoor Activities including hiking, biking, and world-class water sports on Lake Lanier
- Short Commute only 45 minutes to Atlanta and 45 minutes to the North Georgia Mountains