- Semi-Assembles discharged medical records into format appropriate to patient type
- Prepares folders for charts according to color coded terminal digit order
- Scan documentation into the E-chart
- Verify documentation and images that have been scanned
- Identify and name scanned documentation and images that have been scanned with assigned mnemonic
- Reviews discharged patient records according to JCAHO and other regulatory guidelines for deficient or missing dictated reports or clinician signatures as appropriate, processing records in Meditech system in the next business day after patient discharge.
- Audit charts for completion of deficiencies based on assigned Physicians and scanning verification
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Answers telephone when required within two rings, identifying area of work, and your name.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete varia
High school diploma or GED preferred; six months medical record experience in discharged chart analysis required; graduate of an accredited Health Information Management program accepted in lieu of experience.