The inpatient therapist collaborates with other members of the healthcare team to provide assessment, crisis intervention and case management for behavioral medicine patients.
- Completes psychosocial assessments appropriately in a timely manner.
- Conducts individual, family and group therapy on daily basis.
- Integrates assessment data into plan of care appropriately.
- Provides crisis intervention on as needed basis.
- Participates in Interdisciplinary care planning and completes staffing documentation accurately and timely.
- Maintains Family/Support person contact on a daily basis.
- Participates in involuntary court proceedings as required.
- Completes public aid and disability applications on identified patients; Continues to case manage identified patients after discharge..
- Case manages identified patients at high risk for re admission throughout stay and after discharge.
- Participates in discharge planning process; Maintains linkage with PCP's and mental health centers for continuity of care.
- Master’s Degree in counseling or related field
- Must be an LCSW or an LCPC
- Previous case management experience preferred
Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess the following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 100 lbs
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 8 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 8 hours a day
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper operation
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Centralia –
SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital–Centralia, operating in partnership with the Felician Sisters, is a 113-bed hospital specializing in cancer care. For six consecutive years, Healthgrades has presented SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital–Centralia with the Outstanding Patient Experience Award and with the Critical Care Excellence Award. In 2014, Quest by Premier Inc. recognized SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital–Centralia with the Citation of Merit Award for High-Value Healthcare.