Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
The IAE is responsible for achieving booking, revenue, & profit objectives within their assigned account territories, including identifying sales opportunities through daily prospecting, qualifying opportunities, and efficiently leveraging Medidata resources in order to bring opportunities to successful conclusion. Inside Sales Account Executives create and build consultative, long-term relationships with their customers in order to create tailored, cost effective solutions. Personal involvement in customer relationships and high levels of customer satisfaction are essential in order to remain consistent with Medidata business principals.
- Daily outbound calling through established campaigns to prospective customers / prospects
- Consistent attainment of booking, revenue, and profit targets within assigned territory
- Attainment of daily, weekly, quarterly productivity metrics
- Establish and expand relationships with “C-Level” decision makers within customer / prospect organizations. Maintain well-coordinated internal relationships with key decision makers
- Educate prospects on Medidata’s value proposition and solution portfolio
- Develop external relationships with Medidata partners / CRO’s
- Development and execution of sales plan as it relates to developing a new book of business / newly assigned territory
- Directly responsible for closing sales transactions with clients and prospects
- Partner with Market Development Specialists to close mid-market lead opportunities
- Coordination of resources within sales and other departments in order to achieve objectives
- Maintaining and updating sales plans, account and opportunity data within company systems as directed, including Salesforce.
- Build customer loyalty, provide an excellent experience, achieve retention rates
- Weekly / monthly / quarterly Pipeline forecasting
- Complete administrative work as required
Your Education & Experience:
- Minimum 3-5+ years of previous tech / software sales experience preferred
- Demonstrated consistent track record in exceeding sales targets
- Demonstrated consistent tenacity and drive to achieve goals
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of computer usage in a web-based environment
- Demonstrated success with process approached selling
- Ability to gain executive credibility, understand organizational political dynamics and competitive awareness
- Strong business planning and organizational skills
- Solid analytical and technical skills
- Self-motivated, able to assume responsibility, and work in a professional team environment
- Application software sales experience a plus
- Bachelors Degree in the Life Sciences, Business or Computer Science preferred, or equivalent relevant sales experience
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.