Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
Do you thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced environment? Do you enjoy the challenge of a role where no two days are alike? We are looking for positive, high-energy, passionate auto damage appraisal professionals.
As an Inside Auto Damage Appraiser, you will be completing quality appraisals of damaged vehicles, from photos, to restore vehicles to their pre-damage condition. You will complete moderate to higher complexity claims within assigned authority limits. Daily expectations include originals, total loss opinions, auto body shop, independent adjuster appraisal re-inspections, and supplemental appraisals. You will provide Best-In-Class service to our internal and external customers.
There are many moving pieces you will manage. You need to have strong analytical, organizational and multi-tasking skills, and be a time management expert. We look for people who are creative, love problem solving, and have a passion for helping others. Your job involves speaking to and engaging customers who have just been in an accident and need your help, this is where the passion for service comes into play. We strive to treat our customers as we would want to be treated!
With ample growth opportunities, you are in-charge of your future.
This is a future position located in the Westborough, MA office.
You’d be a great fit if you are:
An Empathetic Service Professional: When a claim is received, you skillfully use your customer centricity skills to confidently assure our customers that you are there to guide them through the process.
A Front Lines Liaison: You rise to the role of representing the Liberty brand, you believe in delivering on our promise.
A Reliable Teammate: Whether you work at the office or from home, you adapt well to different environments, schedules and the varying needs of our customers.
A Problem Solver: Integrity is in your nature and critical thinking is part of your decision-making process. That means you sincerely care that customers get exactly what they paid for and need to embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow.
• You will provide technical advice on vehicle repair, parts costs, garage expertise and opinions on specific damages.
• You will complete auto body shop, independent re-inspections, and supplements as warranted to verify damage or confirm repairs are completed.
• You will resolve disagreements and negotiate with auto body shops, Independent Adjusters, claimants and policyholders and assist claims management in the resolution of complaints and evaluate claims for potential fraud or subrogation.
• May be called upon for catastrophe duty.
• An engaging, outgoing personality, a passion for helping customers, and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form.
• Extensive knowledge of automobile parts and repair techniques, terminology and vehicle construction.
• Prior experience using auto estimating software, CCC Pathways, Audatex, Mitchell, etc.
• Requires strong negotiation, analytical, decision-making, organizational and computer skills, as well as the ability to work with multi-faceted systems.
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Massachusetts Auto Damage Appraisal Licensing and certification are required.
• For car custodians, a valid driver's license is required.
• Varying conditions may be encountered while inspecting vehicles. Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions and drive substantial distances.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to complete inspections of damaged vehicles which will include but not be limited to inspecting the underside of and around vehicles, inspecting vehicles in tight quarters at body shops and salvage yards, etc.
We’re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.