Location Address: 11540 Adie Road, Maryland Heights, MO 63043
Why not work for an INDUSTRY LEADER?
POOLCORP is the world’s leading distributor of outdoor living products. We operate in more than 350 Sales Centers with nearly 3,500 employees who proudly service the needs of our customers. Our company strives to employ only the best CDL and Delivery Drivers, Warehouse Associates and Inside Sales Representatives as well as Sales Center Managers and Operations Managers.
Because it’s a place where you can grow! At POOLCORP you’ll find plenty of excellent career advancement and training opportunities to support your career growth. And, our generous compensation and benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, 401 (k), EAP, and discounts specifically offered to POOL employees. During busy seasons, we also offer performance bonuses. And finally, our family-oriented, hometown culture is supported by a stable, large corporate enterprise – giving you the best of all worlds.
So, end your job search here – at POOLCORP – Where Outdoor Living Comes to Life!
The Inside Sales Associate works with customers to find what they want, create solutions and ensure a smooth sales process.
- Establishes relationships with customers by assisting walk-in and phone customers, representing the company in a professional manner.
- Processes, pulls and distributes customer products quickly and efficiently.
- Understands the needs of the customers and learns their buying habits and expectations in order to recommend specific products and solutions.
- Educates customers about terminology, features and benefits of products in order to improve product related sales and customer satisfaction.
- Provide product demos to qualified customers on request.
- Accurately performs data entry of sales orders to generate an invoice of products ordered to be picked up or delivered. Secures payment of invoice with proper funds or obtain credit authorization in accordance with company policy.
- Assists the customer in checking and loading merchandise purchased at the counter.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of vendor’s production and delivery schedules.
- Makes follow-up calls to potential and existing customers to solicit additional business.
- Handles questions and complaints in a timely and professional manner.
- Evaluates and determines disposition of warranty items handled at the counter, as prescribed by the manufacturer's warranty policy and customer needs.
- Maintains neat, professional product displays, changing displays once monthly.
- Promotes monthly sales specials.
- Assists in receiving, shipping, and general warehouse duties.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1+ years related inside sales experience.
- The ability to move 100 pounds with a dolly.
- Strong counter "presence" and the ability to deal directly with customers for a large portion of the day.
- Strong customer-service attitude.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented personality.
- Good computer skills including MS Office programs.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment dealing with inventory, product allocations and customer issues.
- Familiarity with a related product line such as pool supplies, parts, chemicals or pool construction helpful.
POOLCORP is a drug-free company and an EOE M/F/V/D.