Reports To: Store Manager
Location and Type: Full-time employment in Santa Clara, CA
Classification: Hourly, Non-exempt
Job Overview: Sales associates play a very important role as they are the first interaction our customers have with TMC. Sales associates constantly interact with other members of our team and customers. Responsible for providing excellent customer service to our customers by assisting in moulding selection and typing up orders.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Greet customers in a timely fashion with a knowledgeable and helpful approach
- Learn and maintain a level of current product descriptions and functions
- Deliver excellent customer service that ensures ongoing sales and high levels of customer satisfaction
- Asses customers’ needs and provide assistance and information on product features
- Assist customers by typing up orders, noting phone numbers and job site addresses.
- Develop and cultivate strong relationships with customers
- Follow up on new leads and referrals
- Field phone calls and other administrative duties as needed
- Responsible for managing and balancing the cash drawer
- Assist in ensuring that the showroom is clean and organized
- Assist team members and store manager with daily store duties and tasks
- Complete all opening and closing duties
- Arrive on time and prepared to perform job functions every shift
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- High school degree, college degree preferred but not necessary
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships
- Fluent in English; bilingual is a plus
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to operate computer, printers, PDAs, and other office machines
- Computer literate with the ability to learn to utilize the company’s software system
- Ability to follow policies and procedures
- Ability to deal with stress and difficult situations
- Sit in an office chair up to 6 hours a day and stand for several minutes at a time
- Lift 10 to 20 pounds from floor to desk or top of file cabinet, and carry for a distance of 10 to 40 feet
The Moulding Company is family-owned and operated, serving the Greater San Francisco Bay area. We started as a wholesale distributor in 1969, supplying wood trim and hardware to stores throughout California. In 1994, we opened our first retail location to provide quality architectural moulding services to both homeowners and contractors throughout northern California.
Now 50 employees strong, we take pride in our superior customer service, large product selection and competitive pricing that consistently beats the box stores!
We invite you to visit one of our three beautiful showroom locations throughout northern California to see our selection and experience our service for yourself