Do you have a fascination with both finance and sales? Have you always been interested in saving strategies, mitigating taxes and understanding the stock market? Do you have exceptional calling skills? Are you able to handle objections with a smile and convey value in the services the firm provides to the right prospects? If so, you should consider joining Willis Johnson & Associates as our Business Development & Inside Sales Representative.
The Business Development & Inside Sales Representative is responsible for identifying, nurturing and booking potential prospects to meet with our wealth management team, to help achieve our firm’s new client acquisition goals. This includes identifying opportunities from both prospective and existing customers. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, you will work with customers & prospects to find what they want, discuss solutions the firm can provide, and ensure a smooth sales process.
Why Willis Johnson & Associates?
Willis Johnson & Associates is a fast growing, award winning, wealth management firm specializing in corporate executives and professionals. We help our clients optimize everything in their personal financial lives from compensation and benefit strategy to tax mitigation, from retirement planning to investments and insurance. And with everything we recommend, we put our clients first—all the time, every time. No product sales. No commissions. Straight fee based financial planning and asset management.
The same way we take care of our clients, we invest in our team. Aside from providing a very competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability/life insurance, 401(k), and PTO, we pride ourselves in supporting personal and professional growth. We encourage and incentivize continued education for all employees and support their participation in educational conferences and events.
· Over 50% of the day-to-day job activity is cold calling and emailing
· Make out-bound phone calls to prospects in order to: Schedule an initial meeting, Register to attend a firm event, and/or Add Contact Info to Firm Touchpoints (Outbound Marketing Communications)
· Make out-bound phone calls to all prospects before and after an Initial meeting is set; coordinates with available Wealth Management advisor to answer prospect technical questions while on the call
· Maintain, refine and build upon existing prospect and out-bound marketing communication lists
· Coordinate with Director of Marketing to support marketing campaigns, promote attendance at events and own the sales cycle with all prospects produced by marketing and client referral efforts
· Stay within all industry compliance rules and regulations for all incoming/outgoing communications; and stay continually up-to-date on rules as they change from year to year
· Research client connections to target optimal target prospective client through LinkedIn
· Identify potential referrals for clients to Wealth Management advisors in advance of semi-annual client meetings
· Handle objections effectively by providing alternate solutions the firm provides for new clients and recommending targeted relevant content to facilitate future conversion by conveying the firm’s differentiating value proposition
· Prep Wealth Management Advisors on prospects before they come in, debrief with them afterwards, and document all relevant data in CRM
· Build a respectful, long-term amiable rapport with prospects and clients (to nurture prospect referrals) in preparation for a potentially long sales cycle
· Produce regular weekly activity reports and monthly metrics reports using firm CRM
· Attend weekly Cases-In-Motion and bi-monthly Marketing meetings
• BA/BS degree or equivalent
• 1 to 2 years experience, investments or financial advisory industry experience preferred
• Proven inside sales experience
• Track record of over-achieving quota
• Strong phone presence and experience dialing dozens of calls per day
• Detail-oriented with strong project management and prioritization skills; must be able to handle multiple stakeholders and projects simultaneously while maintaining quality work.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· LinkedIn prospecting and networking experience is a plus.
· 2 to 3 years investment or financial advisory industry experience would be a great advantage.
· Interest in obtaining Series 65, CFP, CPA or CFA to develop knowledge of investing and financial planning – We sponsor and incentivize employees for all of these certifications and support financial planning conferences as well.
· CRM and marketing automation platform experience preferred.