Inside Sales Representative
Electrical Wholesale Industry
Build your career and experience the advantages that come with working for Steiner Electric with significant opportunities for growth and career advancement.
Steiner Electric is a fourth generation family-owned business celebrating 100 years. 2016 has special meaning at Steiner reflecting the fact that only one family-owned company in a 1,000 reaches the centurion milestone. Today, we are organized into five business areas: electrical, lighting automation, power systems, metal-working
Steiner Electric is the 35th largest electrical supply business in the country, with nine locations in Northern Illinois and Northwest Indiana. We represent many of the leading manufacturers in the industry.
Steiner Electric Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, short-term disability, long-term disability insurance, 401K and profit sharing and Paid Time Off (PTO).
We are looking for positive, ambitious, outgoing individuals with impeccable people skills to be part of a growth oriented Sales Team.
The primary responsibility of the Inside Sales Representative is to perform sales and service duties that will meet or exceed customer requirements.
Essential Position Functions:
- Communicate with customers regarding requirements. This may be done via telephone, fax, mail, e-mail or online ordering.
- Provide technical information and pricing as needed to customers to help determine the best products for the particular application. This may be achieved through the use of vendor catalogs, vendor websites, vendor technical specialists or Steiner specialists.
- Quote commercial, industrial and residential jobs, including price and availability information.
- Manage open customer orders�take appropriate actions and communicate appropriately to satisfy the customer.
- Purchase specialty items for customers such as non-stock items for direct shipment.
- Negotiate pricing with vendors to fulfill customer needs and to improve gross profit for Steiner along with SPA contracts.
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships.
- Support and promote specified vendors (i.e., Affiliated Distributors) and product promotions.
- Enter orders in the most cost effective and profitable way, such as drop ship, customer pick up or UPS carrier instead of our truck.
- Enter bids into the Steiner Solar system.
- Follow ISO procedures regarding section 300 Sales Order Entry and Contract Review. Take into consideration Steiner Lien rites to all contractor job orders. This may require open communication with credit department personnel.
- Interact with customers and vendors at Steiner/Vendor sponsored events.
- Coordinate efforts with Customer Service/Returns to correct Steiner errors, such as entry mistakes, picking mistakes, delivery issues and return requests in a quick efficient method. This may require the entry of a CRM Ticket.
- Promote and discuss on site Company events, such as Oktoberfest or Corn fest.
- Offer suitable stock substitutes for non-stock products.
- Utilize Microsoft Office software, such as Word, Excel and the Internet to obtain any pertinent information regarding customer request.
- Participate in all training, including but not limited to on site classes, off-site classes and web based training in order to keep up to date on the most current product technology.
- Offer and sell all of Steiner�s products, services and solutions and market all divisions respectively.
Position Requirements: Education, Knowledge, Training, Experience, Licenses, Certification
- High school diploma or GED certification.
- Minimum two years work experience at counter or inside sales preferred.
- Knowledge of electrical wholesale industry preferred.
- Knowledge of the product lines Steiner represents.
- Competent in general computer use include Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Competent in searching the internet and using a company intranet.
- Competent in application and use of an ordering system.
- Able and willing to access the necessary resources (for example, product catalogs, vendor web sites, literature, product presentations, training, department peers and other employees) to meet customer requirements, resolve customer issues, and sell all of Steiner.
- Able to take telephone calls, transfer calls, park calls, leave voicemails, use the phone directory, create and update personal voice mail greeting, daily if necessary, and page.
Steiner is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment. Steiner employs people without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.