The Sales Engineer (SE) will work alongside the Account Executives, as part of the Global Sales Team and oversee the sales support of Imperva's Cloud and on prem WAF solutions products to existing and prospective customers in North America.
The SE is an integral part of the sales organization and works closely with the sales team with pre-sales technical knowledge, presentations and demonstrations. They work closely with sales managers, prospects and partners as a subject-matter expert to demonstrate how a proposed solution meets and exceeds customer requirements, and insists on the business value that the solution delivers to every customer.
Your background should ideally be in Security, Networking, or web development technologies. You must have current customer facing responsibilities on a technical role.
- Participate in customer calls, providing product demonstrations via WebEx/Zoom or in person
- Working with prospects at a technical and business level to demonstrate Imperva’s solutions value
- Possess demonstrable skills in customer-centric selling and a proven track record to contribute to drive revenue.
- Work independently and as a vital member of a sales team, contribute to strategize on sales approaches to develop business.
- Ensure successful product evaluations and post-sale deployments when necessary.
- Manage the Inside Sales customer base on their technical needs.
- Plan, manage and execute customer product pilots.
- 4+ years of experience in web applications, network security, or security solutions in vendor side
- 2+ years experience with pre-sales role or technical role with customer facing responsibilities
- Possess a solid understanding of web applications, security solutions
- Deep knowledge of one or several of: web applications, TCP/IP, HTTP, Load balancers, proxies, firewalls
- Some experience with Linux
- Hands on experience with scripting languages (such as Python), SQL Queries - an advantage
- Knowledge in databases (Oracle, MS SQL … ): an advantage
- Able to effectively present technical material to small and large groups
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Customer obsession attitude
- Excellent written, oral communication and strong interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills
- Ability to travel domestically and overseas when needed
- Languages: English; other languages: an advantage