MKS Instruments, Inc. is the parent company of Newport Corporation®, Spectra-Physics® and Ophir®, leaders in photonics, optics, lasers and motion/vibration control. MKS is a worldwide leader in technology solutions for thin film, process and industrial manufacturing, environmental monitoring, defense and security, life sciences and research.
MKS has a great opportunity for someone who wants a career path to Sales or Marketing. This position is for an aggressive, proactive hunter to call on existing customers to develop into larger accounts. In addition, this person will help qualify incoming leads and work with the field sales force as appropriate on larger opportunities. Santa Clara, CA location.
This individual will contribute to our growth acting as an extension of the existing field sales effort, coordinating activities with those of the local sales team, and supporting the sales team with the following:
- Proactive calling of existing customers to determine additional potential
- Follow up on web inquiries and other unsolicited in-coming customer calls
- Provide customer support and assistance; order entry, expedite, and follow-up for customer list
- Maintain and update customer account profiles
- Provide sales-related reports and information to groups for MKS customer contact information with field salespeople
- Provide weekly account activity updates, including: Account Activity, Open PO Summary Report, Past Due PO Summary Report, and Special Project Reports.
- Update and maintain customer opportunity databases
- Associates degree required (BS/BA preferred).
- A technical education in vacuum science, electronics, physics, chemistry, or equivalent experience preferred
- 2+ years of related experience
- Sales aptitude and skills, including excellent professional phone presence, along with a desire to become a technical sales professional
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, time and project management, and prioritization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.