Forward Air (NASDAQ: FWRD) is a leading asset-light freight and logistics company, providing less-than-truckload (“LTL”), truckload, intermodal and pool distribution services across the United States and in Canada. We are a highly respected transportation and logistics Company with revenues in excess of $1B annually. As an industry leader, we are dedicated to finding and developing the best people. We want individuals who share our core values and demonstrate a true passion for what we do. Forward Air offers excellent compensation and benefits packages to our employees, as well as tremendous growth opportunities for top performers.
Position: Inside Sales Manager
The Inside Sales Manager is responsible to develop, maintain and grow relationships with our existing and prospective customers to deliver logistic solutions by utilizing exceptional phone selling techniques with a goal of increasing company profitability. This is a fast paced, high energy role where you can make an immediate impact and have tremendous growth opportunity.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain LTL, FTL and cartage business throughout North America
- Prospect new business opportunities via internet, phone, referrals and networking
- Prospect for leads to build a pipeline, including heavy cold-calling
- Attracting and setting up new customers, growing existing customer relationships, and providing customer service.
- Succeed at heavy price and service negotiation with customers
- Establish client relationships, and create solutions based on customer needs
- Identify business opportunities for Forward Air
- Understand and manage customer requirements; execute shipments in accordance to customer’s needs and requirements
- Independently generate new sales revenue for your team
- Collaborate with your team on pricing decisions, supplier selection and timing
- Translate business opportunities into incremental revenues through strong selling techniques
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously with a sense of urgency
- Study and understand market trends and seasonality
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 1 year of inside or outside sales experience, transportation brokerage sales is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required
- Passion for sales and the drive to succeed
- Self-motivated problem-solver with strong desire to meet customer needs
- Ability to develop long term relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Desire for a long-term career with an industry leading company
- Ability to present and maintain a positive corporate image in a fast paced environment
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products including; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage time effectively
- Entrepreneurial spirit accompanied with a competitive and confident personality
- Ideal candidate will possess a “can do” attitude with a “will do” work ethic
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience with AS400 operating systems is a plus
- Transportation industry knowledge and experience is a plus
- Customer Service/Sales experience is a plus
Forward Air is an Equal Opportunity employer.