Deliver the dream
At Lyman Lumber, we�re not only in the business of selling building materials. We�re also helping to create and deliver the promise of someone�s dream. That�s why our sales force is so important�they are the front face of our entire company. The work itself includes not only sales, but also following the order through the process to on-site delivery. In other words, it�s about building relationships with our customers and multi-tasking all that comprises the scope of a project. If you can think on your feet and like to be a part of a team that solves solutions, there�s lots of room for professional growth for you at Lyman. You can be sure that your own dreams are fulfilled along the way too.
Things you should know about working at Lyman Lumber:
- We are all about teamwork! All positions are hands on and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other. We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere, this is not a suit and tie environment.
- We work hard. We are a metric driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
- We recognize the importance of each and every customer.
- Health care benefits, starting the first of month after 30 days of employment
- 401(k) with company match
- Closed holidays
- Vacation, Personal, and Sick Pay
- Employee discount
A quick summary of the job:
- You will support existing customers and contractors.
- You will partner with your customers by assisting them with product selection and installation, placement of orders, requests for prices and quotes, scheduling of deliveries�be their partner in business.
- You will prepare bids, material estimates from customer/contractor supplied blueprints.
- You will create invoices, work orders, and sales tickets.
- You will prepare and input orders.
We want you to join our team if you can check most of these boxes:
- Some college in Business or Construction Management preferred or equivalent in experience.
- You have�experience in a building materials or construction related industry.
- Knowledge of various product lines and procedures, capable and comfortable quoting prices and presenting sales products in a positive and confident manner.
- You can read blueprints, provide estimates on material needs.
- You have excellent oral communication skills and positive interpersonal skills; you�re a team player.
- You are able to maintain and enhance positive customer relations.
- You are organized, very attentive to details, have good math skills, knowledge of building materials such as lumber.
- You are have good computer experience using MS Office products and can quickly pick up proprietary software.
We thank all applicants for their interest,�however, only those selected for interview based upon experience will be directly contacted.