Job Title: Inside Sales Representative
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The Inside Sales Representative is responsible to help drive sales in Healthcare facilities in the United States and/or Canada. This position is part of the sales revenue channel for STERIS. The primary responsibility is promoting STERIS Products, providing solutions and building relationships with Customers within a defined territory or region via phone or email. The position could be either one that is focused on capital, consumables or both, depending on the needs of the department and the corporation. This position calls on healthcare Customers in the North America markets. The portfolio of products may include capital and consumables for STERIS Infection Prevention Technologies or Surgical Technologies Divisions. This role provides an opportunity for a career path to an outside Account Sales Representative for the IPT, Consumables or SCCT businesses.
- Achieves revenue and gross margin objectives. Maintains a minimum of 85% of plan YTD
- Establishes routine call patterns for contacting existing and prospective Customers by telephone and other means to generate sales for all healthcare products and services. Also will provide Customers early notification of new products and process enhancements coming into the market.
- Responsible for product trials and sampling, however, may need to work in conjunction with field Account Sales and Sales Managers to schedule product trials, if Customer requests a sales representative on-site or needs in-servicing.
- Prepares quotations for Customers that are consistent with all established guidelines for Healthcare Facilities that are members of national chains (e.g. USPI, SCA) or members of GPOs (e.g. Premier, HealthTrust).
- Probes to fully uncover and understand customer needs, objectives and goals and effectively matches our products, services and technologies to assist in solving customer issues.
- Effectively communicates the strengths and competitive advantages of STERIS products, services and technologies and how the application of these can assist the customer in meeting their objectives. Uses current available tools to provide a total solution to the customer, to ensure their capital and consumable needs are met.
- Responsibility includes staying up to date on emerging trends affecting Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, GI Facilities and Critical Access Hospitals with Sales and Marketing leaders to ensure that STERIS’s response is out in front of competitor’s responses
- Submits and executes an accurate sales forecast on a monthly and quarterly basis if requested.
- Assures Pricing/Margin offerings to customers are consistently within the guidelines established, while assuring our pricing integrity within our GPO groups, GSA and within our Healthcare indexing groups (MDBuyline, ECRI).
- Documents call reports in Customer Management/Sales Connection database. Accesses, updates, and maintains customer computer database and record keeping systems for individual accounts. May also require set-up and maintenance of manual files.
- Consistently acts in a manner that meets or exceeds customer expectations while considering the reasonableness of request and fairness to STERIS.
- Establishes and maintains ongoing relationships and communications with the field and corporate support departments such as Customer Operations, E-Businesses, Distribution, etc.
- Prepares and provides daily, weekly, and monthly statistical information for reporting purposes utilizing various computer modules / programs to ensure appropriate and accurate documentation and data report occurs. Participate in special projects as assigned.
- Serves as the customer liaison within STERIS to resolve customer issues or concerns that may be voiced during a sales call.
- Participates in training as required.
- Bachelors degree preferred; in lieu of degree, 6 years of experience in outside sales, customer service, or telesales is required
- Outside Sales, Customer Service or Telesales experience
- Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint – Office based programs
- Strong decision-making skills; understands how decisions impact the Customer and the Company
- Strong analytic skills (data gathering, analysis, and recommendation development)
- Must demonstrate a high level of professionalism and integrity
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and presentation
STERIS is a $2B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron
Job Segment: Medical, Outside Sales, Sales Rep, Database, Sales, Healthcare, Technology