Charlie’s Produce - Who We Are
Charlie's Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage, Boise, and Los Angeles. The secret to our 40 years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth.
Charlie's provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees after 1 year!
Fulltime positon,.days off may vary and must be able to work weekends.
Answer phones in a courteous, professional manner and place orders for customers on a daily basis. Provide assistance to the Outside Sales team, including, but not limited to, entering orders, printing order guides, looking up customer information, entering pick up requests. Will also assist in other operational duties as assigned.
High School Diplomaor GED,and atleast (1) year customer service experience.
- Must have demonstrated excellent interpersonal humna relations and teams skills.
- Must be quick and accurate with figures, attentive to detail, able to multi-task and have good follow through.
- Must have excellent phone and PC skills—esp. Windows Office suite.
- Must have proven problem solving skills.
- Must be skilled in time management and capable of meeting scheduled deadlines.
- Retail or wholesale experience preferred.
- Courteously receiving customer requests for price quotations, purchase orders, order changes or adjustments, and cancellations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of produce commodities and be capable of providing expert consulting to our customers.
- Use Retalix operating system to retrieve customer information, stock status information, order status, printing pick tickets for the warehouse crew, and receive product into inventory.
- Screen invoices to ensure accuracy and make any necessary corrections.
- Assist salespersons with communication of customer’s needs, administrative tasks, and any special projects.
- Maintain professional relationships with customers and fellow employees.
- Must be punctual and have excellent attendance.
- Responsible for Quality and Food Safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
Charlie’s Produce Total Compensation Package includes:
- Competitive starting pay
- 90 day performance-based raise
- Yearly review with possibility of increase based on performance and tenure
- We recognize and reward hard work and commitment. Supplemental retirement plan through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Robust employee assistance program (EAP)
- Vacation pay, paid holidays, pre-tax commuter benefits, and free onsite parking
- Employer-covered College Program
- Coverage under State Sick Leave
- 401(k) available
- Health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, and vision
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Charlie's Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer