Lampert Lumber is a multi-location lumberyard company that has been in business since 1887. We supply top-quality lumber, tools, cabinetry, and hardware supplies for homeowners and contractors. We are currently recruiting for an Showroom Sales Representative to join our team.
This is a great opportunity for an individual with field experience looking for a strong company to join offering training and advancement opportunities in an office setting.
Job Duties: Work with the Yard Manager in managing, directing and performing all phases of yard operations, with a focus on the inside support area and retail functions.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and develop sales assistants and inside sales associates, to ensure completeness of sales commitments.
- Assign work to store personnel to assure excellent customer service.
- Provide supervision, training, work direction and guidance for personnel, and contribute to their work performance evaluation.
- Handle employees� concerns as required to maintain good relations.
- Monitor open purchase orders to assure deliveries.
- Manage timing and accuracy of returns to vendors.
- Wait on contractors and on retail customers, ascertain their needs, quote prices, take payments, answer questions, take orders, special order materials, price invoices, and handle complaints to assure excellent service.
- Perform duties normally handled by other store or yard personnel when short-handed or in peak workload situations.
- Enforce compliance with all safety rules and take prompt corrective action concerning any potential safety hazard.
- Forecast / monitor needs based on past history and current business climate.
- Direct cycle count operation to maintain system integrity.
- Provide support to outside sales staff as requested by manager.
- Provide counter sales support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements: High School Diploma/GED. 2 years of supervisory and retail customer service experience. POS and related computer experience. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and customers. Good written and verbal communication skills. Building materials knowledge. Must be able to work rotating Saturdays.
If you are a motivated individual looking to join a great team, we hope to hear from you soon!