About Core & Main
Core & Main (www.coreandmain.com) is one of North America’s largest distributors of water, sewer, storm, fusible piping and fire protection infrastructure products that serves the needs of both contractors and municipalities in all aspects of the water, wastewater, clean water, landfill, energy, and fire protection industries. Core & Main operates more than 246 branches serving North America, the Caribbean and international markets. The company provides localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success.
Serve as a facilitator to the sales process that may generate new sales opportunities or upsell via phone, email, or other electronic communication. Oversee responses to customer order and quotation requests for all levels of accounts received via outside salespersons, telephone, e-mail, and written and faxed correspondence. May directly or indirectly support outside sales.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Facilitates the sales process through project management, tracking open sales orders, issue resolution, and overall customer service and support.
- Prospects for new sales opportunities via outbound calling and emailing.
- Provides product pricing by consulting the pricing matrix, as well as other complex tables, to determine the appropriate price. Develops code directives for certain products while maintaining target margin goals.
- Procures and maintains inventory; monitors to ensure proper inventory turns.
- Ensures timely shipment of materials and customer satisfaction.
- Works at the sales counter to serve in-store customers as assigned. Contributes to add-on sales by maintaining a high level of product knowledge. Handles customer inquiries and problem resolution when an outside salesperson is not available.
- Performs estimating, take-off, and proposal duties as necessary.
Nature and Scope
- May modify processes to resolve situations.
- Under limited supervision, relies on experience and exercises independent judgment to determine best approach to achieve desired outcomes. Course of action is often determined by interpreting procedures and policies. Work typically involves periodic review of output by supervisor or direct "customers" of the process.
- Is sought out and/or assigned to provide general guidance/direction, training, and technical assistance to junior level support personnel. Contributes to employees professional development but does not have hiring/firing authority.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in some areas. Generally 5-7 years of experience in related area of responsibility.
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of experience selling in an inside sales environment and demonstrated success working with customers.
- Experience with inventory sales.
- Associate degree preferred.
- Strong computer skills desired.