We all have dreams. Dreams of making a difference in the world. Of challenging ourselves. Of achieving more. Of forging relationships on the job and in our lives. Here at Lyman Lumber, our goal is to be the best while being committed to helping our employees make their dreams come true. Lyman provides endless opportunities for growth in the company. The company is built on excellence � both in the services and supplies we provide to our customers, our working environment, and the opportunities we provide to our employees. If you are a self-starter, with an entrepreneurial spirit, and are looking for a challenging career with endless opportunities for growth, consider joining the team at Lyman Lumber and Affiliated Companies. The rewards of joining our team go above and beyond great wages, benefits, and career paths. Build your dream �and make a difference in the world.
The Inside Sales Supervisor is responsible for providing leadership and direction for the delivery of services and support by the inside sales representatives to customers, vendors and fellow associates as well as manage, plan, and direct the overall service related issues and concerns related to the builder accounts and customer service.� �
Essential Job Duties:
- Implements procedures and processes to set highest standard for service excellence and operational efficiency for the department.
- Reviews, checks, and tracks work of subordinates such as reports, records, and applications for accuracy and content, and corrects errors.
- Supervises Inside Sales functions for the Inside Sales team such performance, relationships within the inside sales team, vendors, customers, etc. and associate development.
- Assure skills assessment and training & development occur for direct reports in the following areas: estimating, schedule/order management, operating system utilization, knowledge of residential wood frame construction.
- Resolves complaints and answers questions of customers regarding services and procedures.
- Reports Inside sales issues to Inside Sales or Sales manager on a routine basis.
- Prepares, maintains, and submits reports and records, such as� and operational and personnel reports to Inside Sales Manager or Sales Manager regularly.
- Makes recommendations to management concerning staff and improvement of procedures and strategic direction of inside sales staff.� Answer policy and procedure questions, consulting with the Sales Manager as appropriate. Discusses and suggests solutions to team regarding customers, material procurement, distribution, application, billing statements, etc.
- Interprets and communicates work procedures and company policies to Inside Sales team.
- Ensures that high levels of personalized customer service are delivered during every encounter.
- Facilitates customer relations between all associated departments and customers.
- Monitors product and delivery needs.�
- Attends necessary training to maintain a current and thorough understanding of local building codes, product applications and other related areas.
- Ensures that all members of the department follow standard operating procedural guidelines
- Adheres to established safety rules and regulations and follows all safety procedures; maintain a safe environment.
- Complies with Company�s attendance policy by maintaining regular and predictable attendance.
- �Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum education required�GED or High School diploma although some college is preferred; equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of educational prerequisites.
- Minimum experience required�3 to 5 yrs experience in building materials supply specifically within distribution operations and sales support.� Demonstrated selling experience or operations experience; minimum 2 years supervisory experience in a customer oriented environment.
- �Special skills required�Knowledge of business management operations including purchasing, sales and personnel management. Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and creativity skills along with the ability to exercise sound judgment by making decisions based on accurate and timely analyses within an inside sales support environment. Hands on experience in building supply, construction or distribution industry with able to read material take-offs, estimates, blueprints and other such documents. Good math skills needed. Computer competency and good customer relations skills are required.� Proficiency in administrative and office leadership duties including an excellent professional communication skill and an ability to motivate a team at times are under challenging times.
- Special knowledge required--Understand products and services provided, manage builder material needs to local distribution ability, credit process.� Understand applicable building codes.
- Other�Computer literate with Microsoft Office products.
- Physical demands include standing and walking and sitting for extended periods of time, bending or stooping, lifting up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.