The Inside Service Sales Manager is responsible for direct oversight of a team of Inside Service Sales staff member, representing Waters Service businesses. The Inside Service Sales Manager is responsible for achieving sales growth objectives in North America through coaching, initiative development and execution. Sales Development objectives are designed to maintain existing business as well as identify and pursue new business opportunities to achieve revenue goals. The Inside Service Sales Manager is responsible for overall monitoring and management of all day to day activities within the group with attention to the accurate and timely processing of quotes and orders. The Inside Service Sales Manager will report to the Director of Americas Inside Sales.
- Development of proactive, outbound selling initiatives aimed at taking competitive market share, promoting new products and up selling at existing accounts. Details include target selection, promotional strategy, ROI mechanism, product positioning/messaging and post initiative reporting.
- Deliver ongoing feedback to team members on all aspects of the sales process, including customer engagement, outreach volume and methodology, qualification processes, product positioning, up selling, negotiation and closing strategies.
- Report on a regular basis summary of team activities and metrics. These can include customer connectivity levels through all means (phone, email, social media, click-to-chat, etc.). Coach all team members to extend and expand their customer connectivity.
- Leverage internal and third-party tools to maximize selling efforts (i.e. Unified Communication Platform, Revenue Analysis Software, CRM, etc.)
- Organize and lead regular trainings and staff meetings to motivate and maximize productivity while fostering team work.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required in a business or scientific field.
- Minimum of 7+ years professional/technical selling experience, direct management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, distill and reinforce product messaging and business process details to colleagues and team members.
- Experience within the scientific instrument or medical device industry preferred.
- Experience with Service portfolio related to our markets preferred.
- Understand of CRM database utility in order to facilitate customer contact, ROI of sales campaigns and territory forecasting.
- Candidate must have exceptional written, verbal and organizational skills including knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PPT). Regular, group presentations will be expected.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships.
- Collaborate with different teams and departments within the company
- Effective coaching skills applicable across a team with varying levels of selling and professional experience.
- Team builder with excellent motivation, communication and leadership skills
Waters Employee Success Factors:
- Authentic - Individual must treats all with dignity and respect while fostering an environment of positive thinking, innovation and inclusion.
- Enterprise Minded – Inspires collaboration across departments and regions. Drives projects and ideas to build sustainable benefits for the organization and the business
- Outside-In Thinker – Make sure her/his team understands the impact of Waters’ solution on customer
- Agile – Clarifies roles and responsibilities and fosters accountability. Drives meaningful change.
- People-Focused – Fosters innovation, creativity and productivity through diversity and inclusion while invests time in coaching and developing the team and individuals.
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials and food sciences for 60 years. With approximately 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 31 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries.
Waters Corporation's businesses include Waters, TA Instruments, VICAM, ERA, and Nonlinear Dynamics.
Waters creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), chromatography columns and chemistry products, mass spectrometry systems, laboratory informatics solutions, and comprehensive service programs to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. Celebrating diversity is important to us. We thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.