We are currently looking for an InSite Chemist to join our team at the BMS Puerto Rico Plant! This position will be working at the BMS customer site and will be responsible for the proper management of chemicals, hazardous and non-hazardous wastes.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages, weekly overtime and weekly pay schedule;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Operating a sit-down forklift in a safe manner;
- Segregating and packaging chemicals and hazardous materials for shipment;
- Maintaining waste accumulation area at customer site;
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly inspections for waste accumulation areas;
- Ensuring compliance and completing related paperwork;
- Assist with profiling hazardous and non-hazardous waste;
- Manage waste and the documentation of hazardous and non-hazardous waste.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Post-secondary education in sciences/chemistry preferred;
- Forklift experience required - i.e. sit down forklift (narrow aisles);
- Previous experience segregating, packing, and labelling chemicals;
- Ability to interface with customers;
- Able to use available tools to lift and move 300-350 lb drums.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.