Huntington Hotel Group is excited to announce it is accepting applications for Housekeeping Rooms Inspector at the Sunnyvale Homewood Suites by Hilton. Scheduled to open in the first quarter of 2021, this brand new hotel is located in the heart of Silicon Valley, close to all the tech giants such as Apple, Facebook, and more. Our extended stay hotel boosts 127 suites, pool, fitness center, outdoor BBQs and patio. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 years’ experience
Job Title: Housekeeping Supervisor / Inspector
Full time employees are eligible for these benefits:
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Sick Leave
Reports to: Housekeeping Manager
Position Summary: The goal of the Housekeeping Supervisor position is to establish a high degree of excellence in our guestrooms, suites and corridors, ensuring that guest expectations are met or exceeded.
- Trains all Room Attendants.
- Stocks floors properly, adhering to all pars.
- Maintains china, glass, and silver, keeping them in excellent condition at all times.
- Ensures guestroom standards are met.
- Inspects guestrooms and completes inspection reports.
- Reports any observed damage to management.
- Uses two- way radio to communicate with other departments.
- Ensures that lost and found items are always properly checked into designated area.
- Keeps halls clear of trash, soiled linen, cribs and other guest services items.
- Updates the status of all guestrooms in a timely manner.
- Supervises Room Attendants and ensure they have all needed supplies.
- Greets guests at all times and offers assistance.
- Reports the performance of Room Attendants to the Housekeeping Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Arrives to work on time for scheduled shift.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- Language skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules (i.e., Lockout Tagout, JSA’s), safety awareness information (MSDS), operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to keep logs and to speak effectively to customers and associates.
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts
- Regularly works in outside weather conditions
- Regularly exposed to vibration
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or other chemicals.
- Occasionally works in high, precarious places.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Required vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.