Come join our global team of dedicated professionals who through their extraordinary efforts demonstrate every day their commitment to our mission of improving the lives of patients. At Orthofix our culture is built around Integrity and the core beliefs we live by: Exceed Expectations, Work Together, Be Respectful, Get Lean and Have Fun! As an Orthofix employee, you will become an integral part of our culture by continually demonstrating the highest level of integrity and our beliefs while making an impact to our vision “To be a highly respected global orthopedic and spine company that delivers exceptional value to our patients, customers, team members, partners and shareholders."
Inspector I - Contractor
How you'll make a difference?
Perform receiving inspection on incoming materials, in-process, and final inspection of Orthofix subassemblies and finished products.
What will be your Duties and Responsibilities?
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Perform receiving inspection on incoming materials.
- Perform in-process and final inspection of subassemblies and finished products.
- Read, comprehend, and follow inspection procedures, drawings, sampling plans, and workmanship standards.
- Adhere to FDA/ISO requirements, safety, and corporate policies.
- Utilize measurement equipment such as calipers, optical comparator, and electronic test equipment.
- Maintain Receiving Inspection records and enter data into the computer as required.
- Process nonconforming material placed on Discrepancy Reports.
- Accurately perform Oracle transactions to accept product, deliver product, generate BOM’s, etc.
- Provide significant input to the supervisor on potential job improvements.
- Regular attendance required.
What skills you'll need?
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Quality..
- People skills and expertise to assist the Supervisor in the training of all inspectors.
- History of providing process and product improvement suggestions; active group problem solving activities.
Nonessential Skills, Experience and Qualifications (not necessary but preferred):
- Certified Inspector (or higher) by ASQ, or equivalent organization.
- Degree or Certification in a technical field.
Physical Demands and Work Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; frequently required to stand, walk and use business equipment daily such as P.C., copier, fax, telephone, etc.; occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 35 lbs.
- Eyesight and hearing must be correctable to standard level.
Orthofix complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Orthofix makes its employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, Orthofix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.