Perform manual and machine operator tasks related to the set-up, maintenance, and operations of a Flexographic Die Cutter.
- Make-ready, adjust and run job as efficiently as possible to meet safety and productivity standards.
- Prep rolls for machine, keep ink full in machine, Make adjustments to web feed as needed.
- Examine job order to determine quantity to be cut, stock specifications and special die cutting instructions
- Examine cutting dies for visual defects and apply correcting solution to repair minor defects
- Make necessary adjustments to ensure quality
- Ensure information is communicated between shifts
- Ensure Company Safety, Quality and Production standards are met
- Perform proper and required maintenance as well as cleaning of Inline machine
- Maintenance duties include stooping under machinery, entering confined spaces and climbing ladders.
- Must input information into computer for proper tracking of inventory and waste.
- Occasional squatting and kneeling for cleaning and clearing jams
- Must be able to work all Shifts. Shifts are Monday - Thursday 6:00am-6:00pm and 6:00pm-6:00am
- Frequent overtime is required
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Basic computer skills, data entry preferred
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, understand technical written (and verbal) instructions, set- up the die cutter, and carry out instructions.
- Skills – Mechanical, technical, communication
- Abilities – good attendance, able to motivate other team members and participate in teams and processes
- Position is associated with pushing, pulling, climbing, reaching, stretching and working in tight positions.
The employee is continuously required to lift up to 20 pounds, frequently required to lift 10 to 50 pounds and occasionally required to lift over 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to carry up to 25 pounds and occasionally required to carry over 50 pounds.
Must have physical coordination to operate fork lift (to remove and replace extremely heavy parts.
Must have the physical ability and coordination to operate machinery (Lathe, Grinder, Drill Press, Handsaw, etc...,) used to make and repair parts.
Must have the physical ability and coordination to remove and replace parts from machinery.
Must have visual acuity at short distance to examine form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
Inside Conditions: Extremes of heat (100 seasonal), humidity, working in tight areas, noise (from production machinery) and working with various oils, solvents and other related chemicals
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.