Barnes Aerospace West Chester MRO is seeking an Inspector. In this role you will perform diversified inspection duties on aircraft parts as well as cross-train to learn and perform additional functions. This position requires considerable experience, initiative, and ingenuity and the ability to work on your own to produce the highest level of quality and productivity against established standards. If you are a talented and self-motivated individual that enjoys a fast paced environment, please submit your resume for further consideration.
- Perform a variety of duties to independently complete incoming, layout, first piece, in-process and final inspection of engine components being repaired.
- Perform dimensional and visual inspections on engine components.
- Ensure quality detailed inspection is in compliance with all applicable manuals and technical data.
- Read and understand engine manuals, illustrated parts manuals and other technical data to perform receiving, basic, in-process and final inspection activities.
- Operate computerized measuring equipment, train and assist other inspectors as required.
- Complete correct and concise documentation of compliance to requirements on organizational, customer and/or regulatory documents.
- Perform a full spectrum of dimensional inspections of parts involving extremely close tolerances.
- Use precision measuring instruments such as dial indicators, micrometers, gauges, ID micrometers, borescopes, pi tapes, etc.
- 3-5 years of related experience, preferably in aerospace environment.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multitask, good communications skills.
- Previous FAA Certified Repairman or Airframe and Power Plant Mechanic highly desirable.
- Proficiency in the use of measuring instruments (i.e. various micrometers, verniers, swing, snap, and dial gauges, etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret complex blueprints and technical documents.
- Experience with CMM operation and programming is a differentiator.
- Good mathematical skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.