Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 7,000 in North America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand – with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused. The experience we would expect the ideal person to deliver is:
Works within a team to install and seal roof attachments, equipment racking supports and solar panels. Performs construction tasks per manufacturer's installation guidelines. Responsible for electrical wiring of solar arrays/systems (AC and DC) in addition to installing raceways around residential applications including roofs, attics and walls. Reviews job installation plans with Crew Leads and Construction Managers. May assist in tracking inventory as well as test, repair and service technical equipment.
- Demonstrates ability to manage own workflow and priorities, proactively seeking advice from supervisor or more experienced team members.
- Applies knowledge and experience to solve problems using relevant information sources.
- Understands how to apply data obtained through own research or supplied by others.
- Compiles reports, develops presentations.
- Ability to instruct others in how to obtain and apply data for specific functions.
- Works on problems of diverse scope, where data analysis requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel within area of expertise.
Teamwork, Collaboration and Influence:
- Ensures that knowledge and information are appropriately communicated.
- Encourages collaboration within and across work groups and functions.
- Generates knowledge by engaging others in problem solving.
- Assists less experienced employees and is able to explain work processes and rationale.
- Presents thorough written and verbal recommendations representing perspectives from all involved.
- Collaborates with others on more complex issues or projects.
- Leads efforts for specific project components.
- Demonstrates initiative by appropriately taking charge of situations, stepping in to help others as the need arises.
Impact and Results Focus:
- Brings diverse experience to problem solving.
- Identifies opportunities for new processes/ procedures that benefit the project and/ or team.
- Assists and instructs others on how to obtain, organize and apply data.
- Analyzes and resolves a wide variety of questions and problems.
- Able to independently gather data for analysis and reporting.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree and 4+ years related experience OR equivalent combination of education and years of related experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
SunPower Supports EEO
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company’s obligations under law, it
must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated
Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime
Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law.
Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants
and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by
contacting the EEO Officer.
Nearest Major Market: Riverside
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment:Installer, Manufacturing