GEM (Gaming & Entertainment Management – Illinois LLC), based in Naperville outside of Chicago, is the third largest video gaming terminal (VGT) route operator in Illinois. GEM operates nearly 1,800 VGTs at 438 sites – strategic, high-traffic locations such as bars, restaurants, convenience stores, truck stops, bowling alleys and fraternal organizations. “GEM, which operates the equivalent of a large gaming venue but spread over the entire state, complements our traditional casino portfolio and positions us for growth in this emerging sector,” said Brian Hansberry, president of Delaware North’s gaming business.
INSTALLATION TECHNICIAN - CASINO/GAMING
Under the guidance of the Install Supervisor/Manager, prepares, transports, and installs gaming equipment to GEM sites in accordance with the Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards. Preparing gaming sites to accommodate gaming equipment.
- Ensure complete and functional delivery of gaming machine and related equipment be done in accordance with IGB regulations and GEM policies and procedures.
- Ensure the safe delivery and installation of VGT’s and redemption terminals.
- Perform preventative maintenance and other assigned tasks when not performing installation duties.
- Perform as a team member and assist fellow employees to ensure a smooth operation.
- Ensure all established policies and procedures are adhered to ensuring protection of assets and GEM personnel.
- Ensure that all GEM operating equipment are kept functional in accordance with IGB regulations.
- Be comfortable handling and transporting large sums of currency.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or GED, one year related experience and/or training preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Basic math skills including addition and subtraction.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license (no DUI’s).
- Basic knowledge of smart phone and GPS technology.
- Able and willing to work flexible work schedule.
- Must be able to obtain appropriate licensure in accordance with the State of Illinois and Illinois Gaming Board Requirements.
- Able to operate a box truck type motor vehicle for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift and carry up to minimum of 100 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to sit, kneel and stand for moderate periods of time.
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Indoor gaming environment.
- Loud and smoky environment.
- Climate controlled.
- Ability to work in an environment where gaming and alcohol consumption occurs.
- Ability to drive in all weather conditions.
***All candidates must pass a pre-employment drug screen as well as a criminal background investigation***
*Nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities on this job at any time.
Delaware North Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer