The ADT Corporation (NYSE: ADT) is a leading provider of security and automation solutions in the United States and Canada for homes and businesses, people on-the-go and their network. Making security more accessible than ever before, and backed by 24/7 customer support, ADT delivers same-day service and live answer within seconds in customer operations, helping customers feel more safe and empowered. ADT is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida and employs approximately 17,500 people throughout North America. More information is available at www.adt.com.
Responsible for installation, on-site coordination, customer follow up and on-site meetings with customers and or subcontractors. Works with documentation provided by the Project Manager to define project and to assure project quality, customer satisfaction and project profitability.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Works with the Project Manager to plan and schedule installation and subcontracting activities on assigned projects
- Coordinates the installation supplies/equipment and controls timely delivery to job site
- With input from the Project Manager prepares the project installation plan, manages the plan and prepares and implements job procedures
- Determines, from review of various information, necessary changes in design, installation plan or other activity and implements same
- Maintains construction schedule and coordinates task scheduling with other trades
- Monitors the performance of subcontractors and reports progress to the Project Manager
- Keeps self, superiors and co-workers informed of progress
- Maintains records of job status, job changes, material flow and other control records
- Estimates or assist in estimating projects which ACME is bidding
- Keeps accurate records and posts all time for hours worked
- Implements quality assurance measures to continuously improve customer satisfaction
- Presents a professional image of ACME when speaking to customers (all levels)
- Develops a relationship with the customer through constant communication
- Routinely checks the work of co-workers to ensure quality installation of ACME products
- Monitors job status and controls job costs
- Provides information to determine labor and material requirements on a weekly basis
- Studies literature and attends seminars to keep current in products, processes and materials
- Maintain state electrical license through continuing education requirements
- Other duties may also be assigned
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the Core Competencies as outlined in your onboarding plan, that are foundational expectations for all employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This position generally needs direct supervision on new tasks and only occasional supervision on previously assigned areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- High school education or equivalent
- Associate degree (two year) in a technical capacity is desirable
- Minimum three years’ experience in the installation and servicing of electronic security systems
- Strong knowledge of security concepts and security service
- Subcontracting and people management skills are required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and project management software.
Certificates and Licenses
- Limited Energy Certificates JLE/RET
- Supervises apprentice installers and subcontractors as assigned.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Employee regularly required to lift and carry ladders (6’, 8’ & 12’), climb ladders as well as work with arms and hands overhead. Employee regularly carries equipment, parts and pieces to the top of the ladders and works on-and-off overhead from 4 to 6 hours as a time.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Employee must have a valid driver’s license, drive from project-to-project as well as climb a ladder.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
ADT LLC is an EEO Employer
Want to learn more about ADT?
Visit us online at www.adt.com