This hidden gem is expiring soon - don't miss this opportunity.
Read Below and See If This Position Is A Fit!
If so, Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your resume. If you are a fit, our Jobot Pro, Amber Leonard, will get back to you with more details!
~ INSTITUTIONAL CONSTRUCTION ESTIMATOR ~
~ A DAY IN YOUR LIFE ~
• Responsible for providing the client with accurate estimates and value engineering
• Manages estimating process through initial solicitation and pre-qualification of subcontractors, bid evaluation process, and award
• Demonstrates strong communication skills internally with construction management team, and externally with owner, architect, engineer, and subcontractors
• Establishes and fosters positive long-term relationships with all business partners, including owners, architects, engineers, and subcontractors
• Organizes departmental team so that each member involved knows responsibilities and deadlines
• Demonstrates proficiency in scheduling complete pre-construction effort; including all estimate milestones, durations, and identifying long-lead items and other needs
• Prepares budgets and estimates for all stages of design from conceptual through final construction documents
• Develops and write all bid packages and subcontractor scopes of work
• Performs value engineering and life-cycle costing
• Participates with the project manager in award of all subcontracts and prepares all subcontractors before turning over to construction team
• Mentors/teaches junior estimators and administrators all aspects of pre-construction process
• Shows ability to complete both large projects as well as large, complex competitive bid projects
• Assumes overall responsibility for the pre-construction stage of each project
• Coordinates pre-construction stages to include participation in job walks and plan distribution to subcontractors
• Identifies tasks to be accomplished in order to satisfy contractual requirements
• Provides overall pre-construction oversight
~ YOU MUST HAVE ~
• 5+ years estimating experience preferred
• Ability to read and interpret architectural plans and specifications
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to multi-task, have strong attention to detail, and excellent time management skills to ensure all established deadlines are achieved
• Proficient with computers and must be familiar with Microsoft Outlook and Excel
full medical and dental day 1 coverage
...............and much more
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.